Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

joshprod
shadow

Re: Arcade Racing Legend: new 3D racer from JoshProd

Post#71 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 am

Dakangel you have to take informations before to write a lots of wrong things :) we use emulator only on neogeo games because we have no source code to port it. All others games you mentioned was improve by us and ported like flashback (with switch music and more enhanced), fx unit is a full port with special Musics. And volgaar price is only 19 euro :) now I think you could just say... Sorry :)
I think everybody have to go to our facebook page or YouTube page to see all the positive comment about our work. And I will really happy to receive all your feedback and comment as we could make a great game together. It s better than sharing bad informations. Have a nice week end :)

joshprod
shadow

Post#72 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am

And I m proud to introduce to you our 3d artist designer for ARCADE RACING LEGENDS :
Jérôme Lignier has worked in the game industry since early 1999. He started to work as a 2D/3D/Graphic Designer Artist on PC games and handheld platforms (Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance).

After several years working on Magic Pockets company as a senior artist, he became in 2008 the Art Director for Zig-Zag Island, a Nintendo DS & Wii studio. He worked on famous game like F1 2002, Harry Potter, Ghost Rider, Lucky Luke, Popeye, Atlantis… and on more than 50 games.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... -dreamcast

https://www.stunbrush.com/index.php?/albums/3d/

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#73 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:10 am

Will the game have cockpit view? Will we be able to choose from drift to grip physics in game options?

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#74 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:55 am

Just throwing in my two cents...

I understand people's grip about this being a port and that the Dreamcast community wants more from a game. The reality is that JoshProd games are more. We could have nothing at all and only be left with the original titles that were released through Sega.

As a community, if we continue to support developers and ask (politely) for bigger and better things, we may see new games (such as Intripid Izzy) come out. You don't have to buy these games, but you should support the fact that they are willing to port them over to Dreamcast.

joshprod
shadow

Post#75 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi Anthony,

About cockpit we plan to make it of course. It s really depend of how many money we ll have. Money allow us to have more time to work on our project and add extra. I wish to have a view like in Daytona usa, just the front of the car. About drift we ll add it in a button maybe like on Mario kart. Player could use it on large road but not on little road. We ll made a track for all type of car, Ferrari prefer asphalt, Subaru prefer savage road :)

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#76 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:38 pm

The Dreamcast community had less toxic people before. I don't know what is going on nowadays...

Congrats for your hard work joshprod. I wish success for you and your team. Making a 3D game for a 20 years console is not an easy task. You guys deserve all the credits for being the first indie to do such a thing with 4x4 Jam and now going even further with Arcade Racing Legend. You guys rock!!!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#77 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:33 pm

I can fucking die happy now! My favorite console now has my favorite car of all time on it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ts/2558234

Thank you JoshProd! You just made my day!

Sega1Dream wrote:Just throwing in my two cents...

I understand people's grip about this being a port and that the Dreamcast community wants more from a game. The reality is that JoshProd games are more. We could have nothing at all and only be left with the original titles that were released through Sega.

As a community, if we continue to support developers and ask (politely) for bigger and better things, we may see new games (such as Intripid Izzy) come out. You don't have to buy these games, but you should support the fact that they are willing to port them over to Dreamcast.

It was discovered this game is NOT a port of the IOS game Racing Pro, but it is actually the 4X4 Jam engine with some assets from Racing Pro such as the tracks. So this is actually a completely different game than either of the 2 others.

So to quote pcwzrd13...

pcwzrd13 wrote:JoshProd finally responded to someone asking if it was an iOS port:

"Hello, this game use same engine than 4x4 jam, we enhanced the engine a long time ago, i talked about that on an interview on megavisionsmag since more than one year. The work in progress track you saw on video was took on proracing (just for the beta)"
https://twitter.com/knifesuisse/status/ ... 2904799235

So as megavolt said earlier, it's using the 4x4 Jam engine. So Racing Pro and 4x4 Jam had a baby. lol If you've played 4x4 Jam, you pretty much know what to expect then. It's 4x4 Jam with the tracks from Racing Pro.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#78 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:03 pm

joshprod wrote:Dakangel you have to take informations before to write a lots of wrong things :) we use emulator only on neogeo games because we have no source code to port it. All others games you mentioned was improve by us and ported like flashback (with switch music and more enhanced), fx unit is a full port with special Musics. And volgaar price is only 19 euro :) now I think you could just say... Sorry :)
I think everybody have to go to our facebook page or YouTube page to see all the positive comment about our work. And I will really happy to receive all your feedback and comment as we could make a great game together. It s better than sharing bad informations. Have a nice week end :)

Breakers and Ganryu uses a neogeo emulator.
Another World was made over the 2005 raw dreamcast port with PC hd graphics.
Flashback use the opensource multiported REminicent code not the original source, and every asset from past ports created.
Fade to Black use the opensource unfinished f2bgl engine from the same creator as REminicent ,a poorly and fast tracked port with inherited failures.
Volgar the viking as free port, why to spend on things you can pay on office depot; disc cover, personalized manual and case art.
Arcade Racing uses the same WindowsCe code of 4x4 jam psp port with unnoriginal assets.
FX unit / Henshing engine is a lazy emulated port with no improvements for a 128bit plattform.
There is no SDL2 support for dreamcast yet, is that the reason why you cant port over Giant Army and Guns of Mercy? Don´t want to invest on dreamcast recode?

We don´t have to be comformist with anythig, we have to look for quality and i don´t know why he doesn´t help to produce exclusive games like Xenocider or Ameba by Retrosumus or bring the improvement version for Switch of Gunlord X, and not only easy to made lazy ports.

He is an easy money / less inversion producer who takes advantage of those who want to support the retro scene as dreamcast communities.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#79 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Dakangel wrote:Arcade Racing uses the same WindowsCe code of 4x4 jam psp port with unnoriginal assets.

See, I am just going to stop you right there. Both games are made with KOS. Megavolt and others here have looked at the code and confirmed it was made with KOS.

Don't like it, then vote with your wallet.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#80 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am

Anthony817 wrote:Arcade Racing and 4x4 jam both games are made with KOS. Megavolt and others here have looked at the code and confirmed it was made with KOS.

Don't like it, then vote with your wallet.

Is this the thread you refer?

My wallet already has voted,it hates racing games and prefers Quality over dubious quantity.

I love Dreamcast games but not blindly buy everything, i still don't like the way he is proceding and he Even didn't respond my last post.
My wallet prefer genocyder, gunlord x, or his newly switch games ported over those lazy older games he "Made".... Why he not help producing and reviving the game "in the line of fire" or the infinite "elysian shadows".