Fragmented Almanac - New Indie Game realeasing April 8th!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

lerabot
blackout!

Re: Summoning Signals - indie game coming out in 2020

Post#41 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 pm

Hijacking my own thread to talk about some new stuff.

matt wrote:I'm interested in your Lua setup. I can see the scripts when looking at the disc image through a hex editor. How do you package it all up? I'd like to make a Lua game for Dreamcast.

I've recently cleaned and refactored a lot of code for my engine Antiruins (which I used for Reaperi Cycle and Summoning Signals). It is a Lua game engine, meaning the C code that handles everything is not user accessible and you only need Lua to make a game. This makes it extremely easy for people start experimenting and publishing stuff for the DC. You don't even need the DC toolchain, only some simple dependencies that take a couple minute to install. You can also publish to Windows/Linux using the exact same code. The full source will be available over the summer.

It's a bit early to announce anything, but let's just say that I will take some time to fix some minor issues in Summoning Signals (and maybe Reaperi Cycle) in the next coming weeks. The idea is to have them in their perfected state before late summer for a potential release.

I don't want to promise any dates, releases or anything, but this is my current plan.
Indie Game Studio

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#42 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:06 pm

Good luck with the game! Looks so cool I can't wait for the real release!

lerabot
blackout!

Post#43 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:57 am

A quick update to say that Summoning Signals and The Hideout are going to be released as part of a new project called Almanac (tentative title).
I also edited the first post with more info.

Both project are currently being restored (better texture quality, 60fps, non glitchy music) and will include new content (unreleased map for Summoning, updated puzzle)

We currently need some testers to help finding any left over bugs or weirness and give feedback. Please DM me if you're interested.
Indie Game Studio

lerabot
blackout!

Re: Summoning Signals/The Hideout - coming out in 2024?

Post#44 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:49 am

January 2024 Update

We are now self-releasing the game on our new studio ANTIRUINS (yes, the same name as our engine ;) )
The game is considered complete and I'm trying to solve 3-4 non game-breaking bugs.

We are very happy with the final format of the game and the comments we had so far.
Tester felt that it had a real "release" fell to it and that the overall smoothness was quite special, especially for indie/homebrew release.

We haven't officially announced the game release but I feel like this place is a good place to start 8-)
The game will be out in March 2024 and you can already preorder the game on the ANTIRUINS website.

Here are some mockup for the cover and CD art.
Indie Game Studio

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#45 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:32 pm

This is amazing work and i tested very early and the quality and speed and every thing was for me retail like :) ..

galaxygod
core

Post#46 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 pm

Just pre ordered the game, really excited that its finally getting a release!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#47 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:01 pm

Whats the difference between the NTSC and CYCLES edition?

lerabot
blackout!

Post#48 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:08 pm

It's really just a different box art!

I wanted to do an official PAL but since we can't really uses the Dreamcast logos and sourcing the cases is quite an undertaking, I decided to just make an alternative to the Black NTSC banner.

And thank you Galaxygod!
Indie Game Studio

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#49 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:15 pm

Awesome I will have to get the NTSC version! I like that artwork slightly better. :)