Summoning Signals/The Hideout - coming out in 2024?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

lerabot
blackout!

Summoning Signals/The Hideout - coming out in 2024?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Fragmented Almanac
“The epoch of the Alchemist and the Hacker, the era of Signals and Transmutations”

RELEASE DATE : MARCH 2024
YOU CAN PRE-ORDER THE GAME HERE

Summoning Signals and The Hideout (Reaperi Cycle) are going to be released in 2024 as part of Fragmented Almanac.
Both games are currently being updated to use better textures, have more consistent fps (hopefully 60), non-glitchy background music using CDDA and more. Not only that, this release will include some unreleased area for Summoning Signals, an OST player and an updated puzzle for The Hideout. We are working very hard to have a physical release in late 2023 or early 2024.

Here's a video from the Dreamcast Junkyard (2021)

Trailer

RELEASE NOTES

Release Candidate 2 (January 24)
- The Hideout 99% complete. I'm trying to catch a non game breaking bug that affect the audio in the intro sequence.
- Summoning Signals is 95+% complete. I'm playtesting to find the last sneaky bugs.
- Completely new Almanac system to help with quest progression and unlocking the lore in the game.

ALPHA_V1 (Aug 2023)
- The Hideout is almost done (no video/intro sequence + hangs at the end but still saves the game)
- 60fps (almost 100% of the time)
- Faster texture loading and texture upgrade (ARGB4444 -> ARGB1555).
- Save files and VMU support for The Hideout.
- New menu system to navigate the different games.
- OST player.
- Almanac progression started.
- CDDA music.

v03 (Jan 2020)
- Massive game mecanics overhaul, everything is partially implemented
- 3 areas to discover (shed, crash, mountains)
- Complete radio system upgrade. Still a W.I.P.
- Intro screen
- Dynamic asset loading between area

v02 (March 2019)
- Fixed one visual issue + some weird text generation issue.

v01 (March 2019)
- Original release.

DISTRIBUTION

The game will be released by ANTIRUINS games
Fragmented Almanac will release with 2 different art cover, one adhering to the NTSC style.
We will also offer a digital release in .CDI format.
Last edited by lerabot on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 am, edited 22 times in total.
Indie Game Studio

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: summoning signals

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:44 am

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 pm

lerabot wrote:I've recently had the opportunity to showcase some work in a gallery, and decided to take some time to work on a new project using Reaperi Cycle's engine.

It's more of a generative art piece than a full fledged game, so please take it for what it is. It's not a fast paced experience, it's actually pretty slow, but there's some small underlying things that can make the whole thing quite fun and suprising.

https://magnes.itch.io/summoning-signals

The project is avaiable as a .CDI file. You can burn it the same way you would for any other game. It works well in Redream aswell. I've never tried with GDemu and all those things.

Hey, thanks for this. I gave it a shot yesterday, although I'm not quite sure what to do. I managed to transmit a few messages but by around day 14 the TV started charging veryyyyy slowly and I wasn't able to make any transmissions by nighttime - what should I do??

Does the game end? If so, how does one "complete" the game?

Thanks for this, always love new and creative games :)
aka DavidHK on DC games.

lerabot
blackout!

Post#4 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:53 am

It's about as much as you can do, starting a new game will produce different kind of messages.
The slow charching was because of "bad weather"... ;) each new cycle will update the weather, which right now will influence the recharge rate and how easy it is to pick up messages.

This was more tuned to a "gallery" setting in terms of gameplay, so people discovering the piece for 5ish minutes. This thing was made very quickly for an art show after I realized that my previous project was not satisfying. This being said, I've received interesting feedback that make me want to expand this project a bit further. I wont give topo much details now because my main focus is Reaperi Cycle, but let's say that this might not be the final version of Summoning signals.

Thanks for trying it out dave! I know it is not a "traditional" game in anyway and more of an art experiment so I'm glad you take some time to try it.
Indie Game Studio

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Hey there lerabot just tried it and I gotta say I enjoyed it alot. Gotta sit down and play it longer when i have the chance. You got that dos surrealistic game era look down that i like so much on this and reaperi cycle. One thing though playing this game made me realize it needs a sound track akin to that of the old webtv midis (not an actual criticism , more like my imagination going wild) and it would be perfect. Hopefully you would continue this project eventually , think you might have a winner. Wouldnt mind seeing this in a physical case on a mini cd.

For the music example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVySfMJl_Ak
like 37:04/Waiting game would suit it perfectly.

lerabot
blackout!

Post#6 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Thanks all for the kind reply,

I've recently started to play with this again. Here's a couple of thing that I'm working on:

1 - Some sort of narrative
2 - We recorded all the words in the game to add a vocal component to the received message.
3 - There's a second area done, and at least another one coming.
4 - The solar panel and radio system can be upgraded. Doing will will make the transmission longer, recharge the battery faster, etc.
5 - I also added a weather system. The radio system is greatly affected by the weather.
6 - Music. and sound design. There's SOUNDS now!

Also, I've made a itch.io page where I post some updates.
Indie Game Studio

lerabot
blackout!

Re: Summoning Signals - indie game coming out in 2020

Post#7 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am

I know it's been a while, but I've progressed quite a bit with this...

The game is going well and we released a alpha preview for you to try on our Patreon.

If you want to see more, we post some picture and update on our twitter as well.
Last edited by lerabot on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indie Game Studio

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#8 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 am

lerabot wrote:I know it's been a while, but I've progressed quite a bit with this...

The game is going well and we released a alpha preview for you to try on our Patreon.

If you want to see more, we post some picture and update on our twitter as well.

I love that someone is making something very different to what is usually released!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:16 am

dave_van_damn wrote:
lerabot wrote:I know it's been a while, but I've progressed quite a bit with this...

I love that someone is making something very different to what is usually released!

Yes it's very cool to see this geting better and better..

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#10 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:26 pm

This is looking great!