Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Accurate Mix

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AkuShadow
rebel

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Accurate Mix

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:01 am

I am new to this forum so this will be my second post. (1st was in the wrong place.)What brought me here is my search for a game I found some time ago. If I'm not mistaken it is named Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Accurate Mix. It's MVC 2 but it has a different soundtrack. I know there were several mods of the game on theisozone when the site was up but it seems they all disappeared with the site. Can anyone point me to it or maybe have an old copy they are willing to share?

I have 2 legit copies of MVC 2. 1 for gameplay and 1 still in the box.
-I found the creator of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Accurate Mix is SteveMV

Here is an old video of it:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4sITmHZGM

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Accurate Mix

Post#2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm

unfortunately my Mirror I posted Years ago on media fire is corrupt.
https://www.mediafire.com/?53z4l49gxk8v1

Good new is I do have the release notes for the audio files he used.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Info
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Marvel vs Capcom 2: Accurate Mix - Dreamcast Music Replacement
January 14th, 2006
For the Sega Dreamcast console.

The aim of this project was to replace the game's music with something much more fitting. And MVC2 had a horrible soundtrack, I'm sure you'd all agree. So anything different is a good thing. However this is not some sloppy mix, like some of the others you might have seen. The tracks have been edited tightly, normalized, carefully selected so that they go "accurately" with the stages. They also loop properly, so you will never find yourself fighting in silence near the end of a match.

This wasn't as grand of a project as CVS2 was, because I didn't bother changing most of the short non-stage tracks. I felt they weren't all that bad. It was the stage music that had to be changed. Again, if you're looking for a MVC2 mix that's just a cluster of some particular person's favorite songs, look elsewhere. If you want music that seems to have some connection with the locations you are fighting on, this is for you.

I must admit though, that 1 or 2 stages may not go with the music totally, and I'll tell you why; This game's stages all have alternate unlockable versions. So for example, one stage might be this heavenly looking asian themed area, but then it's alternate version is a murky swamp. You can imagine how hard it is to find music that will go with both forms of that stage, but I think I did a good job.

Like before, it's my hope that you find this version of the game to be superior to the authentic version, and that you deem it worthy enough to be the replacement. If not, oh well, just enjoy it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Improvements v1.3 ~ May 18th, 2009
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The file order of the game has been optimized, thanks to the efforts of TuxtheWise's Dream Resurrection project. This should improve load times, work your Dreamcast's GD-ROM less, and lower the chance of the music skipping due to various reasons.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Improvements v1.2 ~ July 10th, 2008
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The game can now be mounted and/or emulated on your PC. Enjoy.

I also went and replaced a lot of the leftover menu tracks as well as the opening theme. All of the original music has now been replaced, besides the Network track, which I don't think can even be accessed anyway.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Improvements v1.1 ~ June 27th, 2006
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Ok this is the Revised Edition. My MVC2 mix didn't get as much praise as my CVS2 mix did, and that's understandable, because I never intended on releasing the MVC2 mix online. I only made it real quick for myself. I only released it once I saw how much people liked the CVS2 mix.

So here we are, a few months later. I've gotten probably 75 emails on MVC2. Most were retarded comments like:

1) Is this for Dreamcast? Can I just play it in an emulator?
2) This isn't an ISO! This is just a bunch of numbered files!
3) You stoled teh music! Try making your own music!
4) Chrono Cross? What is this anime crap in my fighting game!?
5) This so cool! How I put in my own music, too yes?

The above questions are, of course, never taken seriously. I mean, if you were smart enough to work a bittorrent client, you should be smart enough to know what WinRAR is.

Now I did get some REAL emails, with suggestions and such, and that is why we're here. I've listened and modified the mix. Many tracks have been changed. The most common complaint was that there wasn't enough energy for a crazy party fighting game like this. I don't totally agree, but I upped the energy in the sound regardless. There's not one slow track in any of the fight stages now. Unfortunately, some "accuracy" of the song choices has been lost, so it's a little far fetched to call this an "accurate" mix at this point. But there is at least some subtle connections between the tone of the songs to the stages that they play on.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Track Listing
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Please don't use the track list as a means of judging this mix. Play it and EXPERIENCE it first!

Opening Theme - "Sonic Heroes - Bingo Highway"
Main Menu - "Gorillaz ~ Double Bass"
Character Selection ~ "Lorenzo ~ Carpenterd"
Pirate Ship - "Soul Blade ~ Castaway in Darkness"
Desert - "TimeSplitters 2 ~ Mexican Village"
Docking Bay - "Beatdrop ~ Catapult"
Carnival - "Danny Elfman ~ Breakfast Machine" & "TimeSplitters 2 ~ Circus"
Bridge - "Protricity ~ Wormaphobic Disorder"
Cave - "DistantJ ~ Cryptic Marble"
Clock Tower - "E.S. Posthumus ~ Menouthis"
River - "Unreal Tournament 2004 ~ ONS-Dawn"
Abyss 1 - "Grandia 2 ~ The Final Battle"
Abyss 2 - "DragonBall Z Budokai 3 ~ Powerful Man from the Darkness"
Abyss 3 - "Final Fantasy Black Mages ~ The Decisive Battle"
Training - "Aura ~ Destination Skyline (Argon Remix)"
Training - "Andy Hunter ~ Come on"
Training - "Fluke ~ Zion"
Ending - "Avien ~ Slow Moon Groove"

The rest of the music in the menus and such is from the following:

Ape Escape
Eternal Darkness
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 3
Streets of Rage: Remake

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Warnings
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Do not ask me how to replace music in a Dreamcast game.
Do not ask me how to self-boot a Dreamcast game.
Burn with DiscJuggler or take your chances with anything else.
If you don't like it, stick with the original version.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Contact Info
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Site: www.stevemv.com
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Looks like I was able to get this CDI to work with GDEmu tested a few fights and it looks to be working fine. I was not able to burn it to CD-r may need some work for that. Here is the CDI I was able to rip as well as the extracted files.
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... ARxbiwsYmy

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:43 pm

Awesome thanks for the share! Maybe it needed to be overburned to work from disc?

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#5 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:17 pm

I don't think it needs overburn maybe it just need to be re-created as a CDI file, I did rip from a really scratched up CD-R (I want to say it was one my first burned dreamcast games from 2009, when ripping it had a few errors occur using disk juggler maybe just the dummy portion is messed up? It might also be worth making a modified gdversion that could save some space on those emulating the gdrom ( I have no knowledge on how to do this)I provided the link to a guy that was trying to make the same release on ps2 and he was able to without

AkuShadow
rebel

Post#6 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:04 pm

Thanks guys. I will try to see if I can't get t to burn properly and re-upload the file or explain what wrong with it.

Luweezyana1
noob

Post#7 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Hey I need some help. I actually was able to make my custom MVC2 soundtrack 11 YEARS AGO and still have it saved. I just recently wanted to do it again. Most of the steps slowly started to come back to me. It seems I have done everything that I need to but after I made the ISO, I drag it into bin2boot to create the CDI and of course it won't work because I have a 64-bit version of Windows now. Is there some kind of alternate way I can get around this without creating a virtual machine or installing another OS?

AkuShadow
rebel

Post#8 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Luweezyana1 wrote:Hey I need some help. I actually was able to make my custom MVC2 soundtrack 11 YEARS AGO and still have it saved. I just recently wanted to do it again. Most of the steps slowly started to come back to me. It seems I have done everything that I need to but after I made the ISO, I drag it into bin2boot to create the CDI and of course it won't work because I have a 64-bit version of Windows now. Is there some kind of alternate way I can get around this without creating a virtual machine or installing another OS?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225390227577999/
This groug can help with this. I made several mixes with the tutrorials they gave.

AkuShadow
rebel

Post#9 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Also, someone ended up posting a link to the accurate mix there:
MikeStutzzzz ?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:41 pm