DreamShell BootLoader 0.7.X Beta Released!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: DreamShell BootLoader 0.7.X Beta Released!

Post#31 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 am

Even in your thread posting about that Xiden a few if us here discovered we in fact had the correct crystal on our GDEMU clones. Mrneo240 and I at least had verified them, can't remember if others did as well. I checked with my jewelers loop eye glass as it was pretty small text printed on them. Only some supposed early ones were that way.

As far as the firmware yeah it is v1.5.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#32 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 am

Uh, 1.5? The first update was for v5.2, and the current firmware is v5.15. That's not even within the numbering scheme. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:46 am

Gah I was repeating what Xiden said thinking he wrote the correct number lol. You are right mate. It is the version released before the latest.

Xiden
Developer

Post#34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:38 am

Aleron Ives wrote:Yeah, but think about all those poor Dreamcasts who gave their lives to make USB-GDROMs. ;(

True :(

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 7515 times

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#35 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 am

When did this thread get taken over by you GDEMU and USB-GDROM users? :lol:

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:19 pm

l0l

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#37 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:26 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:When did this thread get taken over by you GDEMU and USB-GDROM users? :lol:

Touché. :lol:

But I think it was probably becasue of my responding to dave here lol. Then everybody else responded and it snowballed.

dave_van_damn wrote:Haha, yeah I know - I'm clinging onto the SD for as long as I can! Honestly the speed doesn't bother me as usually the game play is unaffected. BUT I *do* need to move on - I just dunno what to get...GDEMU? IDE? Anything else?

Xiden
Developer

Post#38 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:When did this thread get taken over by you GDEMU and USB-GDROM users? :lol:

Are you jelly of us elite usbgdrom and gdemu users :p :twisted: :twisted:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#39 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am

Xiden wrote:Are you jelly of us elite usbgdrom and gdemu users :p :twisted: :twisted:

PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#40 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:PSO is very picky about the system state when you launch the game, and if the homebrew menu doesn't "clean up" after itself before launching the game, it breaks PSO. Typical symptoms are being able to walk through certain objects that should be solid, not being able to use Techniques on teammates, not being able to use Rafoie at all, and possibly random crashing. You also can't play Battle mode rules, because the time limit will instantly expire. (GDMENU still doesn't work with Battle mode, AFAIK.) Using the Utopia boot disc with PSO will cause these problems, too.

BlueCrab fixed these problems with the PSO loader by ditching KOS and rewriting the loader from scratch. Since the PSO boot disc is simple, this approach was easier than trying to fix KOS. It's unlikely that DreamShell will be rewritten, and nobody knows what KOS is doing wrong, so the odds of PSO getting fixed on DreamShell aren't great.

Tested Battle Mode on DreamShell today and it worked fine so that's good. Not sure if it worked on the old loader but it's working great on the new one. So really the only major bug left is the inability to use tech on other players.
PSO Characters: