Mod Quake 2 with PSX/N64 ports levels to save memory?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Re: Mod Quake 2 with PSX/N64 ports levels to save memory?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 am

I'm currently focused on finishing up my port of After The Fall, but once that's done I'll be sure to take a look.

I saved Bero's code upon release but I'm missing some of the files needed to re-create his development setup.

As a side note; the last time I looked Bero's sourceforge page was still active, but he stopped responding to emails at the given address well over a decade ago.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:26 am

Yeah, I think that he had a really highly modified version of his KOS tools for his ports. Fortunately Ian here is a close friend of Bero's and actually has his KOS tools version from what I understand.

I seriously hope in the future somebody could look at his Marathon Trilogy Aleph One port. Such a shame it only had keyboard support and no mouse, controller or saves working. I posted here on Assembler asking if somebody there could take a look at adding those features to the mostly complete port.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/any- ... ves.70645/

And still waiting patiently for your After the Fall port! Take your time! :)

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#13 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Just rewrite beros custom kos

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm

DARKHALO2K wrote:I'm currently focused on finishing up my port of After The Fall, but once that's done I'll be sure to take a look.

I saved Bero's code upon release but I'm missing some of the files needed to re-create his development setup.

As a side note; the last time I looked Bero's sourceforge page was still active, but he stopped responding to emails at the given address well over a decade ago.

So just wondering if you ever looked into this? Still think that it would be a cool way to get Quake 2 on DC fully working.

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#15 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 pm

I've not made time for it yet, but it's still something I'd like to look into.

willis
letterbomb

Post#16 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Just wanted to jump into this with saying if Ian Micheal could get Bero's Marathon Trilogy running with fully with everything integrated..... that would be huge! I agree with Anthony817 and have been wanting this for years! Thank you Ian Micheal for checking into this and I'm cheering you on.

DARKHALO2K I want to rally behind you on the Quake2 work. I hope everything works out and the game can finally be running on the DC.

Between you two looking into / working on these games, that would be a great victory to finally put the question "will they ever run?" to rest

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Thank God I got another person with me who has wanted Marathon fully working haha! Good news, mrneo240 actually got it to compile with the latest KOS toolchain, however he is retiring so he will make the project available so the updated source is out there in case Ian may want to try and update the port for example, or anybody else that could.

willis
letterbomb

Post#18 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm

I'm right there with you Anthony! My fingers are crossed that Ian can finish it up and a huge thank you to mrneo240 for doing work on it as well.

I just think it would be such a great release for the Dreamcast fully functioning.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#19 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:10 am

Anthony817 wrote:Thank God I got another person with me who has wanted Marathon fully working haha! Good news, mrneo240 actually got it to compile with the latest KOS toolchain, however he is retiring so he will make the project available so the updated source is out there in case Ian may want to try and update the port for example, or anybody else that could.

was that not in the bundle I uploaded?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:15 am

mrneo240 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:Thank God I got another person with me who has wanted Marathon fully working haha! Good news, mrneo240 actually got it to compile with the latest KOS toolchain, however he is retiring so he will make the project available so the updated source is out there in case Ian may want to try and update the port for example, or anybody else that could.

was that not in the bundle I uploaded?

Yes it was i have it downloaded when you did that thank you :) bero's code is way scary more now then when i was using it back then