Retro Game Designer : Create your own games for Dreamcast

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Orion_
Developer

Retro Game Designer : Create your own games for Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:37 am

Here is my Kickstarter for a tool I have been working on since about 2 months
It's called "Retro Game Designer" and it's a Windows / PC tool that will allow you to create your own video games and export them to the Sega Megadrive, Dreamcast, Playstation 1 and Atari Jaguar consoles!
Without any programming knowledge (except for the adventure game engine that will require some very simple scripting)
Several game engines are planned depending on the amount that will be reached by the KickStarter.
We start with a 2D platform game engine, then an adventure game engine (point & click, text or myst like)
followed by a Shoot'em Up game engine (horizontal or vertical), and finally we end up with an RPG / Rogue like!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/or ... e-designer

Please spread the word !

Retro Game Programming -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
Dreamcast, PS1, PCe, MD, Atari, Jaguar, GP32, GBA, ...

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Retro Game Designer : Create your own games for Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:46 am

Looks great, though I think it would be easier to reach your target if you weren't asking for €300 to sell a title multiplatform. Seems a bit cheeky to basically buy your software and not be able to sell it for €60. While multiples of €300 gets you to your goal faster, it may be more likely to get multiples of €60 If it included the full edition at that price.

But I could be misreading the room here, I'm relatively new to the scene myself. I wish you the best of luck, and hope for those that invest that your product is completed and successful :)

EDIT :: Looking at the engine in its current state, this looks very similar to TitanIDE, but TitanIDE is free (at the moment at least). This might exacerbate the cost factor more. Just a heads up. I still wish you the best of luck though :)

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Orion! Love your games. I'm really happy to see this!

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Best of luck with this. I've got no time to make my own games but I'm sure there's lots of people who would dig this!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#6 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:32 pm

That controller is in dire need of a VMU.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart