Super Converter: PS3/PS4 to Dreamcast Adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: would you buy this >??

yes
42%
no
50%
maybe
8%
Total votes: 12

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: Super Converter: PS3/PS4 to Dreamcast Adapter

Post#11 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Well actually just switch CONTROLLER 1 with your original DREAMCAST controller WITH VMU when you want to save. Problem solved ? :)

Roel
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:53 am

AgentMomo wrote:I got a RADIOSHACK PC USB Controller , I guess I could use that ?

Probably. And I thank you for posing that question, because it led me to find out that PC USB peripherals are also supported by this converter. I have little interest in connecting a PS3/PS4 controller to my DC, but generic USB gamepad support opens up a whole world of possibilities.

-edit-
Unless it suffers from the same artificial compatibility issues between Xinput / non-Xinput controllers that Microsoft practically forced onto Windows games.

TuxTheWise wrote:The lost of VMU is not a great deal, most (if not all) controllers let you save in any VMU connected to any controller.

I guess you meant "most (if not all) games". I know for a fact there are some games out there that exclusively save to VMU port A1. I don't remember which ones, though.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:36 am

Roel wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:I got a RADIOSHACK PC USB Controller , I guess I could use that ?

Probably. And I thank you for posing that question, because it led me to find out that PC USB peripherals are also supported by this converter. I have little interest in connecting a PS3/PS4 controller to my DC, but generic USB gamepad support opens up a whole world of possibilities.

-edit-
Unless it suffers from the same artificial compatibility issues between Xinput / non-Xinput controllers that Microsoft practically forced onto Windows games.

TuxTheWise wrote:The lost of VMU is not a great deal, most (if not all) controllers let you save in any VMU connected to any controller.

I guess you meant "most (if not all) games". I know for a fact there are some games out there that exclusively save to VMU port A1. I don't remember which ones, though.

Yeah My Radioshack had these's controllers that were PC , PS3 , XBOX 360 I think they all looked the same , I think the purpose was you could of just used it on PC or your CONSOLE. I bought the PC ones.

About the saving , well yeah , Just REPLUG into a REAL DC Controller when it comes time to save LOL :)

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:34 am

AgentMomo wrote:
Roel wrote:

-edit-

Yeah My Radioshack had these's controllers that were PC , PS3 , XBOX 360 I think they all looked the same , I think the purpose was you could of just used it on PC or your CONSOLE. I bought the PC ones.

About the saving , well yeah , Just REPLUG into a REAL DC Controller when it comes time to save LOL :)
Actually, don't do that. Don't ever hot swap controllers on the DC. This has a good chance of eventually popping ur controller board requiring it to be replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk