Trouble Burning CDI, Tried Everything!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Trouble Burning CDI, Tried Everything!

Post#11 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 am

it might help if you tell us what it is that you are burning. you said that the file was in CDI format? and you used Discjuggler and many other programs to burn it? i hope i am correct so far.

when you tried to burn it with Discjuggler did a little window pop up saying that the image seems to be broken and that discjuggler could try to fix it? if so make sure you select no! do not have discjuggler or any other program try to fix the image. it is most likely fine the way it is. if you have altered the image in any way i would suggest you download it again and start from scratch using either Alcohol 120% or Discjuggler to burn the CDI.

if the files are CDI's the best two programs to use are Discjuggler and Alcohol 120%. pretty much every other program you can use will have you doing unnecessary steps to convert the files

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#12 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:03 am

i have this old guide i wrote up for someone else. he wanted to burn counter strike. anyway i am sure most of it will apply for you.

Counter Strike Burning guide

Things you will need

1. winRar. Here is a link to its free download. http://winrar.en.softonic.com/downloadl

2. Discjuggler. Here is a link to its free download. http://www.padus.com/downloads/demo.php you may download from either one of the mirrors

3.Counter strike Beta. Here is the free download. This is from Megaupload.com. You must enter the 3 digit code that it asks you for. This is located at the top of the page. Then wait 45 seconds before you can download. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3UDFJRD.

4. You will also need a PC with a CD burner on it.

Downloading Counter strike beta and extracting it with WinRar

It would be simpler to download WinRar before the counter strike beta. Because you must extract the CT beta with WinRar. Also make sure when you extract the counter strike beta that you save it where you can find it. I suggest making a new folder for it.

First make a new folder on your Desktop and rename it.

Just in case you do not know how to make a new folder its done like so. Click anywhere on you desktop with the (right) mouse button and scroll down to (new) this will then open options. Select (new folder) it should be the first one on the list. After the folder is made it will be appear on your desktop highlighted with the name NEW FOLDER. Type in the new name that you want. I suggest some thing like “counter strike”

Extracting Counter strike

After you entered the 3 digit code on meaguploader.com and waited 45 seconds You can then down load. When your computers download options window pops up. (Select open). When it’s done downloading WinRar will automatically open with the counter strike file in it for extraction.

You have to extract all 9 counter strike files. WinRar will show 11 items in this menu. Only 9 are Counter strike files. The Counter strike icons look like 3 tiny books stacked up. You can extract all 9 at one time by dragging your mouse over them and highlighting them all. After you have all 9 highlighted. Click on the highlighted area with the (right) mouse button. An option. Menu will open. You want to select the option that says “extract to specified folder”. Selecting this option will open a new menu. Look for the folder that you made earlier. The one that I suggested for you to name Counter strike. It should be easy to find. Once you have found it. (Double click) on it. Then (click ok) at the bottom of the menu box. The small extraction wizard should now be seen on your screen extracting files to the folder you specified.

You are now finished with WinRar

Burning using Discjuggler.

Note
When you open discjuggler it will show you a Tip of the day. Close this. You must wait 10 seconds to start running discjuggler.

Now that discjuggler is opened you want to go to file. It’s located at the top left. Select (new). a menu window will pop up look for the option that says “burn disc images”. You should now have yet another new window. This is the burning window. Make sure you have a blank CD-R in your burning drive. Click the (source) tab. It’s directly below where it says source. Do not use the pull down arrow that is to the right of the source tab!

After selecting the source tab a new window will pop up. On this new window you will want to click on the pull down arrow and select (desktop). Now look for the folder you made earlier and (double click it). Now look for the disc image. It should say “Counter-Strike DC Beta 3 MP1.cdi” (double click it).

Everything should be ready for burning hit start. You will get a warning saying discjuggler is running in evaluation mode. It will write at lower recording speeds and only up to 700 megabytes. Would you like to continue? (Select yes). After its finish burning your done.

The end

if you need any screen shots of some thing let me know.

heylookitsmatt
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

That's a good point regarding the possibility of my CDIs being altered. I'll redownload them, as I've tried so many things that I can't be sure I haven't scrambled them all into sloppy joes. Worse comes to worse, I'll try Copy Clones... If that doesn't work, I'll assume my Dreamcast is to blame (I heard there are a couple that don't run home made CDs; *GASP!*) For now I need to get some shuteye! Thanks all!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Gary B,

Nice feedback! Good game (Counter-Strike).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

heylookitsmatt
shadow

Post#15 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Ok, the CDs from that site finally came in... and they don't work. Apparently my Dreamcast doesn't play ripped CDs. Is there a mod I can do to fix this? It won't even load the bootdisk.

The_Codstr
rebel

Post#16 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Get another dreamcast!

The dreamcast you have might be non MIL-CD compatible (made after october 2000). These are the only known dreamcast's not to read copied games.

This may not be the fix you were hoping for, but its the only one i can think of currently.

heylookitsmatt
shadow

Post#17 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Criminy. Well, I guess that's why I got it so cheap.