Convert VMU to a PS1 Memory

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Convert VMU to a PS1 Memory

Post#1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:18 pm

From my understanding their is something where I can convert/format a VMU to be able to save FAN MADE PORTS that were originally a PLAYSTATION Game ,

How is this done ? :)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Convert VMU to a PS1 Memory

Post#2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Emulation thanks to bleem!cast , no ports

Have a VMU that you are willing to dedicate to PS1 only and when you try to save in GT2 MGS1 I forget about Tekken 3 they will offer to format the card

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Oh really ? Cool I'll just grab another card from ebay lol ,

So what do I need then ? MGS1 Bleem ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Sure you can buy the real thing (very pretty to look @) , there's also these that removed copy protection and game check

That way you'd also be able to play MGS1 VR Missions 100% , and a fingerful of others though those bleem!casts were tailored to their game only and everything else may hardly run er be too glitchy

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Oh okay because I see on a website their is SILENT HILL FAN PORT , That claims NO SAVES.

Would that change if I got the BLEEM DISC and formatted that stick ?

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:20 pm

MGS, Gran Turismo 2 and Tekken 3 support saves. The other unofficial Bleem games (Silent Hill included) don't support saving AFAIK
aka DavidHK on DC games.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Ya the games outside the three official releases cannot save , BUT , MGS1 VR Missions sure does ! Need the doubly cracked bleem! download

Silent Hill 1 CDI that's just running the ancient leaked bleem! for that game it gets awkwardly quiet here and there many missing sounds from what I remember

EDIT: I checked the compatibility list thread again @ TiZ , Silent Hill on the three official releases fail to boot up

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#8 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:07 am

mistamontiel wrote:Ya the games outside the three official releases cannot save , BUT , MGS1 VR Missions sure does ! Need the doubly cracked bleem! download

Silent Hill 1 CDI that's just running the ancient leaked bleem! for that game it gets awkwardly quiet here and there many missing sounds from what I remember

EDIT: I checked the compatibility list thread again @ TiZ , Silent Hill on the three official releases fail to boot up

Yeah I use to love playing GT and MGS1 all the time for PS1.

Is GT2 anything like the 1st ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 am

I wished they'd tailor to GT1 personally , sure GT2 has the bigger roster n has my precious ST185 yota but the glossy paint and wheel spinning effects are so artificial to me D:

GT2 is a fun whirl and good tracks on a lighter note , I've perhaps knocked out all the endurance events even

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 am

mistamontiel wrote:I wished they'd tailor to GT1 personally , sure GT2 has the bigger roster n has my precious ST185 yota but the glossy paint and wheel spinning effects are so artificial to me D:

GT2 is a fun whirl and good tracks on a lighter note , I've perhaps knocked out all the endurance events even

Hey So I bought the Metal Gear Solid FANMADE ARTWORK With Bleem Boot Disc.

So were you saying if I get VR MISSIONS , It should work no problem ? The entire VR MISSIONS was suppose to be on MGS1 PS1 Disc but their was no room , It's on the PC VERISON :mrgreen:

I think it could totally work as it's really a 3RD Disc to Metal Gear .