VCD player including VCD content?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

thE rZA
dark night

VCD player including VCD content?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Hey fellows.

Is it possible to create a CDI with a VCD player that has VCD videos (music etc. p. p.) included on the same CD? I want to buran a CD with some favorite music videos.

Thank you ver much for any suggestions...
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: VCD player including VCD content?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Ok, I'm not sure where thi is going, but all I know is that we used to watch VCD/CD-i Star Trek movies from the "ONLY" VCD/CD-i movies I ever bought. I got a nice box set with the first seven Star Trek Movies for a total of $69.00 back in 2001 while the six movie DVD set was double (and one less movie). One of the movies in the box set said "Philips CD-i" on it (Star Trek II). I used the Dreamcast VCD software to view it and my old DVD player could play it once I hacked the region code (region 1/US mode did not allow VCD playback).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 pm

thE rZA wrote:Hey fellows.

Is it possible to create a CDI with a VCD player that has VCD videos (music etc. p. p.) included on the same CD? I want to buran a CD with some favorite music videos.

Thank you ver much for any suggestions...

You need Gyp Play
https://dcemulation.org/?title=GypPlay

I, on the other hand, would love a VCD player which allowed for playback of seperate VCD discs without glitches. Fast forwarding would be awesome too!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 pm

My DC did that via the controller.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:19 am

Part of my goal for the Custom web browser was basically to make it a media hub with movies/music and built in web pages to view without internet. We seem to be having issues playing longer movies but this might be an error on my part so when i get time il see if there is a limit with sfd's for the browser