Collector's list: independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast on physical media

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ryo Suzuki
lithium

Re: Collector's list of independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast

Post#31 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 am

Dreamcastnoid had 100 copies. Please update it :)

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#32 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Ryo Suzuki wrote:Dreamcastnoid had 100 copies. Please update it :)

Straight from the developer. Thanks for the tip, Ryo.

It's sold out everywhere, and I consider myself lucky to have picked up a copy. Are there any plans for a reprint?
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#33 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Session 3 of the PAL case games from JoshProd are now shipping.

Another World HD
Bang2 Busters
Battle Crust
The Escapee
Fade to Black: Flashback 2

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#34 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 am

For anyone who likes checklists to help with their collecting hobby, I highly recommend "The A to Z of Dreamcast Games" from http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk. It's thorough, updated regularly (by Mike Phelan, @Space_turnip), and it's FREE!

link:
http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2018/07/the-dreamcast-junkyard-presents-a-to-z.html

Ryo Suzuki
lithium

Post#35 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:02 pm

It's sold out everywhere, and I consider myself lucky to have picked up a copy. Are there any plans for a reprint?

I am sorry, didn't see it.

I want a reprint and I asked the publisher (Matra) for it. I think the problem could be the MiniCD because are now out of the stock... I don't know the details.

Maybe reprint it a regular CD doesn't make sense...

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#37 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:So homebrew only matters if some one on a website sells it ?

Sorry for the delay.

I curated this list to highlight media with physical releases. I have noted some titles that walk through a grey area. Some bootlegs exist and were sold for money. Frog Feast was burned to a CD and had a limited sales window. Geist Force is incomplete, and was never released, but donors at the Assemblergames forms received a pressed disc as a thank you for helping secure the source.

The homebrew scene is much larger than just these "for sale" releases. Accounting is beyond the scope of this thread. My personal goal is to provide a reference for collectors.

Regarding web sales... these are such niche games with low print numbers. Web sales are the nature of distribution in this day and age. Vinyl collecting is in a similar state.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#38 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:10 pm

<<<This collector is salty his games never arrived. That's no reason to avoid updating the list. Many new games releases for Dreamcast in 2019/2020. What a time to be alive!

All JoshProd releases are available in blue PAL cases, as well as jewel cases with reversible USA/Japan style covers.
Armed 7
Captain Tomaday
Finding Teddy
FX•Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine
Magic Pockets
Völgarr the Viking

edit:

I missed the FX-Unit Yuki kickstarter drive, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Sarumaru self published the first print run for the USA, and passed off distribution to JoshProd for European backers of the Kickstarter. The original could also be purchased directly from Sarumaru. This makes for a third edition for FX-Unit Yuki. With the "Treasure Box" backer tier, this adds a permutation. I may add this permutation later, but first I would like to confirm with a known backer who opted for the dreamcast version. For now I am adding the self-published edition.

Sarumaru self-published the first print run for the USA, and passed off distribution to JoshProd for European backers of the Kickstarter. JoshProd did the normal 2 releases. The self published ones had the option for a US and Japanese cover. This makes for 4 versions before the "Treasure Box" edition.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#39 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:22 pm

Today is a special day. Xeno Crisis ships.

Also, for anyone wondering where to buy indie games, check out the companion thread:
Where to buy independant Dreamcast games.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#40 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:47 pm

Rounding out the late 2020 releases. Not a bad year for the undead console!

First off is Arcade Racing Legends, delivering on it's promise of great drifting action. Available in the JoshProd standard versions (PAL, and USA/Jap reversible)... as well as the Road Trip edition (with the same two variants). Next wave of six games are announced for 2021 at the usual places.

Second game is one nobody asked for. What a surprise! Flea! is a port of an NES platformer from Lowtek Games. A followup game is currently being funded, so check it out!