USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by Nico0020 »

Anyone tried to get a dualshock / dual analog stick to work with the bleem games, ala the original bleempod/controller prototypes with this?

DreamState
blackout!

Post by DreamState »

How exactly does the VMU emulation work? I’ve read they get saved on the thumb drive as .bin files, but what I need to know is how to place an existing save onto the thumb drive to be loaded up in game? Is it a case of turning my .vmu into a .bin and placing it on there via PC? There isn’t much info around this aspect so far.

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

DreamState wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 am How exactly does the VMU emulation work? I’ve read they get saved on the thumb drive as .bin files, but what I need to know is how to place an existing save onto the thumb drive to be loaded up in game? Is it a case of turning my .vmu into a .bin and placing it on there via PC? There isn’t much info around this aspect so far.
You can use VMU explorer on your PC to modify the .bin file, or through the Dreamcast menu.

DreamState
blackout!

Post by DreamState »

maonaluva wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:42 am
DreamState wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 am How exactly does the VMU emulation work? I’ve read they get saved on the thumb drive as .bin files, but what I need to know is how to place an existing save onto the thumb drive to be loaded up in game? Is it a case of turning my .vmu into a .bin and placing it on there via PC? There isn’t much info around this aspect so far.
You can use VMU explorer on your PC to modify the .bin file, or through the Dreamcast menu.
So I’m assuming by what you said, that you have to create a .bin file first and then insert your saves into it via vmu explorer? Does the adaptor create a new .bin everytime you start up? There’s so little info on this point hence why I’m having to ask loads of questions.

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

DreamState wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:54 am
maonaluva wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:42 am
So I’m assuming by what you said, that you have to create a .bin file first and then insert your saves into it via vmu explorer? Does the adaptor create a new .bin everytime you start up? There’s so little info on this point hence why I’m having to ask loads of questions.
USB4Maple will only create the new .bin file if there is no other file with the same name on the flashdrive, once it has created the .bin file, it will just read it as a vmu.
Then you will be able to copy your old saves to this virtual vmu and back them up on your PC, etc.

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

@Megavolt85

I got the logs for my controllers.

- Sega MegaDrive Mini 6B Pad

https://mega.nz/file/NhplSZIR#ssyoyn1bR ... BxL_N0dOWU

- Sega Astro City Mini Pad

https://mega.nz/file/t4Ij3TqC#IRCoKP2QQ ... 4DMMNmt2oA

- Saturn USB PlaySega Pad [HL-F2412]
certainly a clone of this pad https://segaretro.org/Fukkokuban_Sega_S ... ontrol_Pad

L button should be LP+MP+HP (X+Y+Z)
R button should be LK+MK+HK (A+B+C)

https://mega.nz/file/VsRUDLDJ#ux7AYu3A- ... 5U4MBfiUP0

- Namco PlayStation Arcade Stick [NPC-102 SLEH-0004] + Smart Joypad Adapter

https://mega.nz/file/18hlUJ5Z#6DQcHtNqd ... e-5XFM778s

- For G25 racing wheel, It works very well but I would like to do a test with the sequential box

UP and DOWN inputs
https://mega.nz/file/1hoRiIyY#NO2-AOGmx ... XVTlxPaAXE

If you can do a test firmware when you have time, thanks.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

f355fanatic wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:46 pm If you can do a test firmware when you have time, thanks.
usb4maple(14.05.24).7z
(50.39 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

@Megavolt85

- Sega MegaDrive Mini 6B Pad
Everything works perfectly!

- Sega Astro City Mini Pad

- Saturn USB PlaySega Pad [HL-F2412]

- Namco PlayStation Arcade Stick [NPC-102 SLEH-0004] + Smart Joypad Adapter
There are just the L1 and L2 buttons that need to be reversed because currently L1 = LK+MK+HK and L2 = LP+MP+HP
It should be L1 = LP+MP+HP and L2 = LK+MK+HK

Sorry maybe the mistake is mine
Can you send me a new firmware with this correction?

- G25 Racing Wheel

And I'm sure we can do even better. Do what was impossible on Dreamcast: Simulate the manual gearbox and the clutch!

I think we can give these instructions. When the clutch is activated, deactivate the gears (shift paddles and manual gears). For gear changes I know that it is already possible on the flycast emulator.

https://youtu.be/oKPHYlN1qb4?si=xjw9-Jsnvx-gbXl0

Many thanks Megavolt85!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

f355fanatic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:26 am There are just the L1 and L2 buttons that need to be reversed because currently L1 = LK+MK+HK and L2 = LP+MP+HP
It should be L1 = LP+MP+HP and L2 = LK+MK+HK
fixed
usb4maple(14.05.24 2).7z
(50.4 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
f355fanatic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:26 am And I'm sure we can do even better. Do what was impossible on Dreamcast: Simulate the manual gearbox and the clutch!
on the emulator they use a patch that changes the game code to make all this possible; on real hardware it is difficult to do this.
Even if I make a patch for f355, I will have to make changes to the adapter, and this will make the steering wheel incompatible with other games
Also, all steering wheels are connected in driving force mode, so their range of functions is limited, information is not transmitted from a manual transmission, I’m not exactly sure whether information is transmitted from the clutch pedal

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

There's no clutch pedal when in driving force mode. It would need to be in g25 native mode.
Btw, the shift up/down maps to what existing buttons of the driving force report? L3 and R3?
EDF! EDF! EDF!