USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

seanami
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Gundam

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by seanami »

I tested some additional adapters.
The older Mayflash Magic NS v1 does not work for me either does the Brooks Wingman XB2 since I had these lying around. They do get proper power and allow pairing though.
Not expecting these to work but saving people the trouble.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Does anyone have a USB-UART and any interesting USB controllers/steering wheels?

rpf16rj
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote:Does anyone have a USB-UART and any interesting USB controllers/steering wheels?
I have steering wheel Logitech G29 for PS4. I will get a USB-UART coming soon to get logs and send to you.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

Everything's been working great until I tried VMU Emulation. Controller is always working from the hub - however, the VMU has only showed up twice. Tried different hubs and flash drives to no avail. The flash drive has vmu.bin on it and I can open it up on emuexplorer.exe. Perhaps the detection part of the firmware needs looked at, idk?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

I started testing vmu emulation and noticed one feature: VMU will not work if the flash drive is inserted into the hub before the controller.
if a flash drive is inserted into the first port of the hub, and a joystick is inserted into the second port, then the vmu does not work, you need to swap the usb and everything starts working.
try it, maybe it will help you

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote:I started testing vmu emulation and noticed one feature: VMU will not work if the flash drive is inserted into the hub before the controller.
if a flash drive is inserted into the first port of the hub, and a joystick is inserted into the second port, then the vmu does not work, you need to swap the usb and everything starts working.
try it, maybe it will help you
Could vmu emulation work with just a flash drive and no controller or hub? Would be great way to backup saves to a pc and vice versa.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

MoeFoh wrote:Could vmu emulation work with just a flash drive and no controller or hub?
no

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

So I noticed Y-axis inversion is enabled by default with this adapter. Shouldn't it be disabled? Most games have it disabled by default so I have to go into the settings and enable it to disable it. lol
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

VMU Emulation working now using Kingston 16GB DataTraveler SE9 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/16GBZ). :D

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

Rumble using wired Xbox 360 controller:
Motor 1 & Motor 2 test OK with or without a hub on 240p Test Suite.

Playing 4 Wheel Thunder:
Rumble works direct connection.
With hub no rumble.