The New Sega Console Will Be Called "Orbi"

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: The New Sega Console Will Be Called "Orbi"

Post#61 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 am

@Dan Kuso. The name does have a certain ring to it. But I think the console will be named "SEGA Orbit" as opossed to ORBI.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#62 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:51 am

MrSega wrote:@Dan Kuso. The name does have a certain ring to it. But I think the console will be named "SEGA Orbit" as opossed to ORBI.

File trademark for Orbi, name console Orbit thus invalidating your trademark.

CruSega
Doom

Post#63 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:00 am

Sega going back to celestial names for their systems? That went well with Saturn, so why not? :lol:

MrSega

Post#64 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 am

CruSega wrote:Sega going back to celestial names for their systems? That went well with Saturn, so why not? :lol:

Orbi Enterprises, Orbit Software,Orbi Disc,SEGA Orbi Electronics,Orbi Communications are just a few things that could spawn from this document.

@CruSega. Considering that SEGA hasn't used outer space themed names since 1994 in which it named its entire 32-bit CPU line after the middle planets Jupiter,Saturn & Neptune, since its been exactly 18 long years I find it pretty neat we could be playing games on a console called SEGA Orbit. :D

Logic
core

Post#65 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:42 am

Comrade Snarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:@Dan Kuso. The name does have a certain ring to it. But I think the console will be named "SEGA Orbit" as opossed to ORBI.

File trademark for Orbi, name console Orbit thus invalidating your trademark.

This had me chuckling a bit I'll admit
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

MrSega

Post#66 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 am

Snarky, you do know that there are 5 different logo designs in the document including 3 for several different companies not yet in existance "Orbit Software" & "Orbit Communications". With only 2 Orbi logos.

Next time, why don't try using logic by reading the entire trademark yourself instead of jabbering about something you know nothing about.

Dan Kuso
Banned

Post#67 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 pm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/x ... urrent-gen

The reason Microsoft has settled on a bargain basement GPU for it's next generation Xbox is because going up against a ray tracing console where Sega is promising a 30% reduction in both software development cost and time, a high powered rasterisation based GPU would only increase that 30% gulf even further, in such a scenario non of the major software publishers would support MS and it's new box, thus effectively handing Sega the entire industry.

MrSega

Post#68 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Dan Kuso wrote:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/xbox-720-will-be-six-times-as-powerful-as-current-gen

The reason Microsoft has settled on a bargain basement GPU for it's next generation Xbox is because going up against a ray tracing console where Sega is promising a 30% reduction in both software development cost and time, a high powered rasterisation based GPU would only increase that 30% gulf even further, in such a scenario non of the major software publishers would support MS and it's new box, thus effectively handing Sega the entire industry.

I'm not even sure Mircosoft has any knowledge of SEGA's internal hardware plans.

I suspect Mircosoft is doing this because: 1. They've heard that Wii U will be IBM based,thus quite expensive & will suffer from higher development cost. 2. With no plans for a Playstation 4, perhaps MS feels there's no need to significantly upgrade Xbox & may be banking on the high end version of "Unreal 3" something the Wii U will not have.

Your right about one thing if RINGWAVE/SEGA ORBIT does use "Nvidia Denver Kal El Nino,Power VR Rogue, & Imagination Tech Caustic Two, this would give them the upper hand on its competitors.
Last edited by MrSega on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#69 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:09 pm

MrSega wrote:I'm not even sure Mircosoft has any knowledge of SEGA's internal hardware plans.

I suspect Mircosoft is doing this because: 1. They've heard that Wii U will be IBM based,thus quite expensive & will suffer from higher development cost. 2. With no plans for a Playstation 4, perhaps MS feels there's no need to significantly upgrade Xbox & may be banking on "Unreal 3" something Wii U does NOT have.

Your right about one thing if RINGWAVE/SEGA ORBIT does use "Nvidia Denver Kal El Nino,Power VR Rogue, & Imagination Tech Caustic Two, this would give them the upper hand on its competitors.

Wow I am impressed the new Sega console will be powered, not just with XTREME RAY TRACING but also the POWER OF THE WEATHER as well. I guess it will be throwing hurricanes at the new Xbox then. :lol: :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Ni%C3%B ... scillation

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Logic
core

Post#70 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:52 pm

MrSega wrote:
I'm not even sure Mircosoft has any knowledge of SEGA's internal hardware plans.

I suspect Mircosoft is doing this because: 1. They've heard that Wii U will be IBM based,thus quite expensive & will suffer from higher development cost. 2. With no plans for a Playstation 4, perhaps MS feels there's no need to significantly upgrade Xbox & may be banking on the high end version of "Unreal 3" something the Wii U will not have.

?? The Gamecube had an IBM architecture, need I remind you that at $30 a pop Nintendo was still profiting off these things.

The wii is Also IBM based, and started at 250, and dropped down to 200 is still making quite a bit of money for Nintendo.

The 360 was by far the most expensive, debuting at $400 retail(for a loss), now dropping down to 200 in much thanks to reduced size of the chip, now at 45nm and reduced cost for parts.

The Wii U CPU alone, will start at 45nm processing, is multi-core, Will posses large amounts of eDRAM, which powers IBM's "Watson" and meaning that the chip will borrow from IBM's POWER7 architecture, which is not anything to write off as competition. At the very least, the Wii U might retail from my guess at $300, but will more than likely not be $350.

We are also still waiting on the official R700 chip from Nintendo, which has solid power and performance to boot at baseline in the Radeon Lineup. So power wise I would not count the wii u out at all.

WII U IBM Watson: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm- ... ndo-wii-u/

POWER7: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER7

R700: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R700
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit