Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

Post#41 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Neohound wrote:Nice to see you back here stu. Hope you had a good christmas/new year.

So you've got yourself a DC eh ? It's not often you get to talk about real consoles on here ;) :lol:

If you need any advice on what to buy/download for your Dreamcast then there are plenty of folks on the forums who would be only too willing to help you out.

*cough*ReviveDC Releases*cough*

:D

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#42 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Neohound wrote:
stu wrote:Hey Neohound! Glad you like my posts, thanks for the positive comments! :) I do try to post accurate information and provide sources etc. I would probably contribute more to the forum, however I've only just become a Dreamcast owner and only have a couple of games, however I plan to remedy that in 2012! :D

Nice to see you back here stu. Hope you had a good christmas/new year.

So you've got yourself a DC eh ? It's not often you get to talk about real consoles on here ;) :lol:

If you need any advice on what to buy/download for your Dreamcast then there are plenty of folks on the forums who would be only too willing to help you out.

Yeah I had a good Xmas/New Year thanks, hope yours was good too.

As for the DC yeah I picked one up at a local 2nd hand store for about $20, it even came with a 'free' game too, I don't think the 2nd hand store realised was in the machine :D, (I got the system home and found a copy of The Grinch inside)

I've played a few DC classics before under emulation so I'm looking forward to getting to play them on the real thing.
I'll also like to hear from other members on what some of the best games are, I'm already planning on getting games like Soul Calibur, MSR, PowerStone 1&2 and the Sonic Adventure games) but would certainly appreciate hearing about any other gems worth picking up, I know that the Dreamcast has got some great titles that I've missed out on, up to now.

It will sure make a change being able to talk about a Sega console that actually exists on this forum, rather than having to read/post stuff about the several made up Sega consoles that appear in this section. ;)

:lol:
Last edited by stu on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#43 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:
Neohound wrote:Nice to see you back here stu. Hope you had a good christmas/new year.

*cough*ReviveDC Releases*cough*

:D

Oh yeah, I'm planning to check out ReviveDC as well, as soon as I get a chance. :D

MrSega

Post#44 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 pm

I think we can alll agree that it looks like Wii U is destined for FAILURE in Japan:

http://andriasang.com/comzk3/4gamer_megafeature/

Not a single mention of interest in the platform. And not one producer sounding optimistic about working on it.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#45 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:28 pm

MrSega wrote:I think we can alll agree that it looks like Wii U is destined for FAILURE in Japan:

http://andriasang.com/comzk3/4gamer_megafeature/

Not a single mention of interest in the platform. And not one producer sounding optimistic about working on it.

Maybe Nintendo borrowed some of those "Military Super Top Secret" type NDAs from Sega. :D

I think this is a job for Super Secret Sega Spy - MrSega! :lol: :lol:

Edit:

Having read through the list, I noted that Andriasang completely omitted to interview any Nintendo developers for their "Japan's Top Developers Look Back at 2011 and Forward To 2012" article.

*Slow Hand Clap*

Good job andriasang.com! :roll:

MrSega

Post#46 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:10 pm

@stu/Mulberry. "Looking forward to 2012".Well wouldn't they be talking about "Wii U projects" that they're looking foward to developing titles for it? Well they aren't. They're talking about upcomming projects on other platformers. Which is just sad because Wii U is supposidly just 5-6 months away from launch. Nintendo couldn't even get one publisher at TGS or after to annouce support for Wii U, just pathetic.

CruSega
Doom

Post#47 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 pm

stu wrote:
Neohound wrote:
stu wrote:Hey Neohound! Glad you like my posts, thanks for the positive comments! :) I do try to post accurate information and provide sources etc. I would probably contribute more to the forum, however I've only just become a Dreamcast owner and only have a couple of games, however I plan to remedy that in 2012! :D

Nice to see you back here stu. Hope you had a good christmas/new year.

Yeah I had a good Xmas/New Year thanks, hope yours was good too.

As for the DC yeah I picked one up at a local 2nd hand store for about $20, it even came with a 'free' game too, I don't think the 2nd hand store realised was in the machine :D, (I got the system home and found a copy of The Grinch inside)

I've played a few DC classics before under emulation so I'm looking forward to getting to play them on the real thing.
I'll also like to hear from other members on what some of the best games are, I'm already planning on getting games like Soul Calibur, MSR, PowerStone 1&2 and the Sonic Adventure games) but would certainly appreciate hearing about any other gems worth picking up, I know that the Dreamcast has got some great titles that I've missed out on, up to now.

It will sure make a change being able to talk about a Sega console that actually exists on this forum, rather than having to read/post stuff about the several made up Sega consoles that appear in this section. ;)

I would suggest looking for a VGA adapter for the DC. The games look absolutely stunning on a monitor, much better than the PS2 since DC had anti-aliasing.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#48 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 pm

MrSega wrote:@stu/Mulberry. "Looking forward to 2012".Well wouldn't they be talking about "Wii U projects" that they're looking foward to developing titles for it? Well they aren't. They're talking about upcomming projects on other platformers. Which is just sad because Wii U is supposidly just 5-6 months away from launch. Nintendo couldn't even get one publisher at TGS or after to annouce support for Wii U, just pathetic.

Well MrSega/Ringedge2010/ProjectNeptuneRT, ProjectNRT/Neptunia/Lindburgh2007/Futura/Tornado1994,

maybe if they wanted to hear about the developer's plans for Wii U, perhaps they should of asked that question. Don't you think? :roll:
Last edited by stu on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#49 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:10 pm

CruSega wrote:I would suggest looking for a VGA adapter for the DC. The games look absolutely stunning on a monitor, much better than the PS2 since DC had anti-aliasing.

Thanks for the recommendation CruSega :) , I'll check out Ebay and see how much they are. I've heard a lot about the VGA adaptor, but never seen it in action.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#50 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 pm

stu wrote:
MrSega wrote:@stu/Mulberry. "Looking forward to 2012".Well wouldn't they be talking about "Wii U projects" that they're looking foward to developing titles for it? Well they aren't. They're talking about upcomming projects on other platformers. Which is just sad because Wii U is supposidly just 5-6 months away from launch. Nintendo couldn't even get one publisher at TGS or after to annouce support for Wii U, just pathetic.

Well MrSega/Lindburgh2007/Futura/Tornado1994, maybe if they wanted to hear about the developer's plans for Wii U, perhaps they should of asked that question. Don't you think? :roll:

You forgot RingEdge2010 and the one that had Neptune in the name somehow.