Hey everyone...

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Hey everyone...

Post#1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:42 am

A few days ago, out of curiosity, and sheer temptation...
I decided to E-Mail the ultimate source

...Yep that's right

I sent an inquiry email to Sega Japan about a new console

I sent to email in both english, and translated japanese.

Surprisingly, they replied to my inquiry. What they said was in japanese, but after translation, is not surprising.

The translation was poor but what I got was:

Sega is not developing a console

They didn't say that "they could not respond to rumors" or anything like that. They literally said just that.

So there you have it. Straight from the beast itself.

If anyone wants to translate it for yourself, here's Sega's reply:
平素は株式会社セガをご愛顧いただき誠にありがとう
ございます。

お問い合わせをいただきました件につきまして、担当の
セガカスタマーサポートよりお送りいたします。

このたびは、弊社にお問い合わせをいただきまして、
誠にありがとうございます。

今回のお問い合わせは、弊社からの、新たなゲーム機の
発売予定に関するご質問でよろしいでしょうか。

大変申し訳ございませんが、現在のところ、新しいゲーム機を
発売する予定はございませんこと、ご了承くださいますよう
お願いいたします。

今後とも株式会社セガをよろしくお願い申し上げます。

なお、弊社セガから発売しているプレイステーション3や
ニンテンドーDSなど、家庭用ゲーム機ソフトならびに
関連のお問い合わせなどにつきましては、セガカスタマー
サポートにて承っておりますので、下記フォームより
ご投稿いただければ幸いに存じます。

【セガカスタマーサポート お問い合わせフォーム】
http://sega.jp/contact/soft/input.shtml

英語での対応は行っておりませんので、日本語でのご回答と
なりますこと、ご了承の程お願い申し上げます。
Natural Harmonia Gropius

CruSega
Doom

Re: Hey everyone...

Post#2 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

Sega probably has an NDA with themselves. :lol:

MrSega

Post#3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 pm

CruSega wrote:Sega probably has an NDA with themselves. :lol:

Who knows at this point. "I have a wait n' see" attitude about the whole thing and have had for several months. Since its pretty obvious that SEGA of Japan is NOT supporting Wii U, is NOT stepping up 3rd party development & is transistioning to Digital Only 3rd party content, I rather wait and see what Hardware the RINGWAVE board is based off of.

Or you can just assume that SEGA is denying it like they normally do. Since they obviously wouldn't say anything straight out. They usually don't.

The silver lining is that there IS evidence that THEY are developing a Computer Tablet.

MrSega

Post#4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:13 pm

MistaBuck, could you translate the entire message?Please?

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#5 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 pm

i was gonna do the samething lol maybe we all should email sega of japan to show america wants a new sega console.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#6 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:47 pm

i mean i did read somewhere that after the discontinuation of dreamcast. sega said they'd come back to making consoles again but they still haven't done anything to literally show it other then a few found trademarks and things behind the curtain that we don't know of.

anyway email or not they wouldn't tell a random person ther secrets on doing such a thing but emailing and showing support that we want a new sega console is a good thing though i don't know your exact words you said to them.

MrSega

Post#7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:54 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:i was gonna do the samething lol maybe we all should email sega o :ugeek: f japan to show america wants a new sega console.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and boldly say that this is just "The Usual Denial". SEGA ALWAYS denies it whenever their asked straight out, so this doesn't really mean anything, it just means SEGA is denying that thier making a console like they normally do THEY never imply anything or use subtext, they just deny flatly it without explaining why :ugeek:

So, it really doesn't mean there's no console or that there is. We don't know yet. Until RINGWAVE is revealed.

Besides, I haven't speculated or focused on RINGWAVE/Futura for a long while because of SEGA's reluctantcy to say or reveal anything new at JAMMA or their bizzare silence at TGS where they litterally HAD nothing to say about anything.

I'm focused on KP/dc Pad bcause there's evidence & more and more evidence keeps popping up. That's what I'm speculating on & will continue to.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm

yea i know i just got done saying they wouldn't give an answer to a random person. im not surprised they didn't say yea. its not like ther gonna be like .......hell yeah!!! spread the word!!! lol

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#9 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 am

MrSega wrote:MistaBuck, could you translate the entire message?Please?

Sorry bub, I used google to translate it.

I only know a few Characters in Japanese. not enough to make a sentence D:
Last edited by MistaBuck on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Natural Harmonia Gropius

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#10 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am

By the way, I plan on making a new topic today

A badass topic 8-)
Natural Harmonia Gropius

Return to “Rumors/Speculation”