XBox Ten Spec Sheet

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Re: XBox Ten Spec Sheet

Post#11 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 am

I had read that at one point in time the sega vision was supposed to play old sega genesis games but they yanked the feature becuz of backlash from nintendo...course it jus hearsay but I remember reading that in a game magazine...

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#12 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

elmagicochrisg wrote:
AlecRob wrote:But I also believe that releasing KIDS PAD could be their first baby steps into the hardware market, and could lead to them making a home console in the future.

Yeah, just like the Sega Vision was baby steps back into the hardware market.

Not...

HA good point. :D

And the Sega Vision ended up being nothing more than a glorified MP3 player, with NO videogame capability. With "baby steps" like that I'll die of old age before another Sega console comes out! ..lol :lol:

As for Kids Pad I still think its going to end up as an updated Beena/Pico type thing, also as I have pointed out previously the trademark is being requested by SEGA TOYS, not SEGA CORPORATION, these are 2 separate divisions of Sega-Sammy.

As you can see from the photo I attached the Beena has it's own screen and can work without being hooked up to the TV, kinda sounds like a kids tablet to me. :)
Attachments
Advanced_Pico_Beena_2008.jpg
Advanced_Pico_Beena_2008.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 4594 times

MrSega

Post#13 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Hiryosuke wrote:I had read that at one point in time the sega vision was supposed to play old sega genesis games but they yanked the feature becuz of backlash from nintendo...course it jus hearsay but I remember reading that in a game magazine...

That report is incorrect. Sega Vison was designed by Sega Amusments Europe. They originally wanted to sell the handheld as a global multimedia device and planned on incorporating PlaySega into SegaVision.

But what happened was that SOE was hit by region licensing clauses and SEGASammy DENIED them the commerce license & trademark. Since the RingEdge based device was still in development at the time in 2008, SEGA voted the idea down.

I seriously think this guy in that magazine was talking out of his ass. Nintendo owns ZERO SEGA properties. And SEGA still maintains the licenses on all Mega Drive software.

@stu. I can say with smug & confidence that that is completely bogus. I was able to locate PICO's trademark document and it says "Children's Storybook

device,toy. Storybook Games, Educational GAME Software" AND NONE of these descriptions are in the KIDS PAD.

PICO

The English translation of the word "PICO" in the mark is "beak", "bill (of bird)", "woodpecker", "sharp point", "corner", "tip", "spout", "pick", "summit" and/or "bit".

Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: interactive home electronic toy, used with a television set or video monitor, for creating audio-visual children's stories, and parts and fittings thereof. FIRST USE: 19940822. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19940822
Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code 01.05.03 - Sun representing a human face or an animal
13.01.13 - Bulbs, electric light and flash; Flashbulbs; Fluorescent lights; Light bulbs, electric
26.15.21 - Polygons that are completely or partially shaded
Serial Number 74498264
Filing Date March 7, 1994
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition June 13, 1995
Registration Number 1966157
Registration Date April 9, 1996
Owner (REGISTRANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Sega Enterprises DBA Sega Enterprises, Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 2-12, Haneda 1-chome, Ohta-ku Tokyo 144 JAPAN
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record DIANE B MELNICK
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date January 13, 2007

In fact, I pointed out that KIDS PAD's descriptions are simluar to the HP TOUCHPAD & the key words "Children", "Educational Game Software" & "Children's Education" which are required for all Leapfrog like toys are ommitted from the KIDS PAD trademark

As for SEGA TOYS, I'll explain it again. Sega Corporation does NOT and CANNOT license home consumer products under that brand name. Any new SEGA hardware product would be licensed under either SEGA's "SEGA Enterprises" brand or a subseqent subsary like "SEGA TOYS". This is why SEGA renewed and revived the "Sega Enterprises" brand license in 2009. In fact, during the final two years of Dreamcast, it was still licensed under "SEGA Enterprises" not "SEGA Corporation".
Last edited by MrSega on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#14 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 pm

MrSega wrote:@stu. I can say with smug & confidence that that is completely bogus. I was able to locate PICO's trademark document and it says "Children's Storybook

device,toy. Storybook Games, Educational GAME Software" AND NONE of these descriptions are in the KIDS PAD. In fact, I pointed out that KIDS PAD's descriptions are simluar to the HP TOUCHPAD & the key words "Children", "Educational Game Software" & "Children's Education" which are required for all Leapfrog like toys are ommitted from the KIDS PAD trademark

As for SEGA TOYS, I'll explain it again. Sega Corporation does NOT and CANNOT license home consumer

And that is because SEGA CORPORATION has no plans to sell consoles SEGA TOYS is a subsidary of Sega-Sammy Corp not SEGA CORPORATION/SEGA ENTERPRISES, therefore they are separate companies in the corporate entity called Sega-Sammy Corp.

Sega Corporation and Sega Enterprises are the same company, otherwise known under Japanese business law as "Kabushiki gaisha Sega".

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#15 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:53 pm

stu wrote:Sega Corporation and Sega Enterprises are the same company, otherwise known under Japanese business law as "Kabushiki gaisha Sega".

That almost sounded like Bukkake geisha Sega. :3

Nevermind me. Carry on...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#16 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
stu wrote:Sega Corporation and Sega Enterprises are the same company, otherwise known under Japanese business law as "Kabushiki gaisha Sega".

That almost sounded like Bukkake geisha Sega. :3

Nevermind me. Carry on...

:lol: :lol:

Skunkworks
shadow

Post#17 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:12 am

There has been an update -

UPDATED : XBox Ten Spec Sheet

This morning SegaLeaks has received an updated spec sheet for the successor to the Xbox 360.

CPU : IBM Power 710

- Architecture : IBM POWER7

- Cores : 6 Core

- Clockspeed : 3.72 GHz

GPU : Custom AMD Radeon HD Graphics

- Configuration : Single core

- Clockspeed : 750MHz

- Daughter Die : Renesas Electronics 64MB eDRAM

RAM : 2GB 384-Bit GDDR5 200GB/s

- Unified Memory Architecture

MEDIA : CBHD

- 15GB Single Layer/30GB Dual Layer

MOTION : Kinect SG (Second Generation)

- Fully Integrated

- 10 Fold Precision Improvement

STORAGE : Cloud Based

- Accessed via XBox Live Account

The above spec sheet was handed to us by an associate of Microsoft from within it’s Seattle headquarters. The spec sheet reflects the final retail game box, whereas the previous spec sheet found here on SegaLeaks was of an earlier prototype which was later watered down in order to hit a sub $400 launch price point. The initial design also called for a built in HDD whilst the final retail model is to forego this component.

- Zach Morris

http://s3gal3aks.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... pec-sheet/