New Sonic To Launch Ray Tracing Sega Console.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: New Sonic To Launch Ray Tracing Sega Console.

Post by MrSega »

@CruSega. SEGA in the 1990s was a double minded company. Because Nakayama was a sorehead, SOA thought his ideas were unorthdox & didn't t take them seriously and as a result ultimely resulted in the downfall of Sega of America. I personally feel that SOA should have set thier feelings toward Nakayama aside a nd listened to him rather than go do thier own thing.

I feel better about SEGA's future and thier management today. Way different than the 90s more unified now. Hijime Satomi is a more refined businessman than Rosen,Nakayama,Iwajiri. Because SEGA's household Japanese success is little known outside of Japan, people know litte about Satomi's conservative & practical attitude. I am truely confident that he really DOES want to make another console and probably already has.

I also like how Naoya Tsurumi has more power than he used to. He's the guy with with all the anwsers at SEGA. Mike Hayes is likeable but he doesn't have alot of say.

The only thing SEGA is lacking is a powerful marketing arm. I also love on how SEGA is the only Japanese game company that is still profiting and the only thing thier not doing strong in is overseas 3rd party sales. Which is why I think even SEGASammy knows remaing 3rd party in physical form is stupid.
CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

MrSega wrote:@CruSega. SEGA in the 1990s was a double minded company. Because Nakayama was a sorehead, SOA thought his ideas were unorthdox & didn't t take them seriously and as a result ultimely resulted in the downfall of Sega of America. I personally feel that SOA should have set thier feelings toward Nakayama aside a nd listened to him rather than go do thier own thing.

I feel better about SEGA's future and thier management today. Way different than the 90s more unified now. Hijime Satomi is a more refined businessman than Rosen,Nakayama,Iwajiri. Because SEGA's household Japanese success is little known outside of Japan, people know litte about Satomi's conservative & practical attitude. I am truely confident that he really DOES want to make another console and probably already has.

I also like how Naoya Tsurumi has more power than he used to. He's the guy with with all the anwsers at SEGA. Mike Hayes is likeable but he doesn't have alot of say.

The only thing SEGA is lacking is a powerful marketing arm. I also love on how SEGA is the only Japanese game company that is still profiting and the only thing thier not doing strong in is overseas 3rd party sales. Which is why I think even SEGASammy knows remaing 3rd party in physical form is stupid.

When it came to marketing, Kalinske did a great job to make Sega cool with the "SayGuh" scream, "Blast Processing" and all the commercials that took jabs at Nintendo like the dude hitting his head with a dead squirrel to see color on his Gameboy. That was classic Sega. But then Sega changed to the "Theater of the Eye" ads which were disastrous during the Saturn era.

Another thing about Kalinske is that releasing the Sega Pico was a huge error that SOJ never could forget. When I first saw Pico commercials, I knew it was bound for failure. SOA was getting too greedy, taking advantage of the Coolness factor at the time to sell anything.
SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

@CruSega: i love sega's cool attitude back then too. as you can see with my user name SEGA-TUDE.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T
CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

SEGA-TUDE wrote:@CruSega: i love sega's cool attitude back then too. as you can see with my user name SEGA-TUDE.

Yes, it was a great time to be a Sega gamer around 1992-1994.
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

CruSega wrote:
SEGA-TUDE wrote:@CruSega: i love sega's cool attitude back then too. as you can see with my user name SEGA-TUDE.

Kalinske was a brillant marketing wiz. That was his main strong point. He knew how to sell brand names.
Kaliske made it cool to own a SEGA.
CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

MrSega wrote:
CruSega wrote:

Kalinske was a brilliant marketing wiz. That was his main strong point. He knew how to sell brand names.

I think those Sega commercials were the first time a company used the "coolness" factor to sell a home electronics product. If you youtube videos from the 80s, gamers always looked like the typical nerd or commercials portrayed the entire family around the TV basking in games.

The groundbreaking "Sayguh" campaign was 10 years before Apple's Mac vs PC ads yet Macheads give Steve Jobs the honor of inventing "cool" to sell his products.
stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:Kalinske was a brillant marketing wiz. That was his main strong point. He knew how to sell brand names.

Wow, MrSega actually posted something I can agree with! :lol: :lol:
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@CruSega. I would say SEGA ads from the 80s had the feel of "You'll be awesome if you own a Master System" while the " Sega does was Nintendont" of 1989-1990 campaign gave the subliminal"We bring the arcade experience at home" and the "SEGA Scream" era of 1992-1995 was the highlight of why you should own a SEGA brand machine. But the "Plaything" ads of 1996 & "SEGA Hard Stuff" of 1997 were both just awful. "Its Thinking" of 1999-2000 was really neat.

I wonder what type of marketing campaign they'll have when they launch a new console?
Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

Hmmm...how bout launching with a duke nukem game and having duke say "did u miss me?" Lol dnf woulda been a killer launch franchise with that ad lol dont u think?
CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

In the late 80s to early 90s, gaming was mostly shoot'emups and side-scrollers. By the late 90s, mostly 3D fighters and racing. Now, FPS's have dominated the gaming scene.

Sega needs a title that redefines gaming. What Sonic did for side-scrollers, what Virtua Fighter did for beat'emups. From there the campaign can emphasize the Sega we knew and love is back.