B.I.G. C. Update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaNews
fragger

B.I.G. C. Update

Post#1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow this console seems to interest me more than Sega! Lol.

The B.I.G. C. stands for the Blue-ray Interactive Gaming Console.
It will be based using Blu-Ray disks, interactive, meaning optionally using motion controls, there will also be a hardcore gaming controller.

It was talking with Sega to see if they will develop for them.

There is also a rumor Sega may work on the console with them, but that has no proof!

So far this is all that has been released to the public, will post more at it comes.
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Re: B.I.G. C. Update

Post#2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Hmmm. So your saying that the reported rumor is,that SEGA is being considered potential licensor?

You did mention that Js Software is a 3rd party engineer so does the report say SEGA is being contracted or is JS contracted by SEGA?

MrSega

Post#3 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

I just googled JSN Game Studios and couldn't find a website or much on them so here's what it sounds like:

JSN Game Studios sounds like its a phantom contracture engineer company & Japanese investment firm. They probably have a console concept and patents & are in talks with SEGA about licensing the concept using RINGWAVE hardware, so SEGA could be hired as a licensor which means that JSN Studios could be like 3DO. Or it could be this is where SEGA is getting thier funds for FUTURA.

I guess B.I.G. C could be like 3DO or not.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#4 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

@MrSega, I'm not even sure SEGA has any part in this, just a small rumor there. JSN Game Studios may be making this themselves!
And I am not sure what you mean by this may be like the 3DO?

SegaNews
fragger

Post#5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Does sound like this console may use an Ubuntu based OS. This would make coding for this console a dream come true!
Do you guys think an Ubuntu based OS is smart or no?

CruSega
Doom

Post#6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:26 pm

SegaNews wrote:@MrSega, I'm not even sure SEGA has any part in this, just a small rumor there. JSN Game Studios may be making this themselves!

3DO was licensed to different manufacturers such as Panasonic and Samsung. He is saying that this JSN company sounds like they are taking a similar approach, an approach that has already proven to be a failure when Trip Hawkins tried it 19 years ago. Videogames are not VCRs or BluRay players where hordes of different companies produce a variation of the same product.

MrSega

Post#7 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 pm

SegaNews wrote:@MrSega, I'm not even sure SEGA has any part in this, just a small rumor there. JSN Game Studios may be making this themselves!

The 3DO was designed as a multimedia console by the 3DO Company who contracted Panosonic to be its sole licensor and manafacturer,what I mean is that like 3DO, JSN could be contracting SEGA to license & manufacture B.I.G. C!!! A 3rd party company contracting a 1st party to license thier machine!

SegaNews
fragger

Post#8 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm

MrSega and crusega, thanks for clearing that up!
I'm just not sure if I belive that prediction! But I will think about the possibility when more clues come in!

CruSega
Doom

Post#9 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

MrSega wrote:

The 3DO was designed as a multimedia console by the 3DO Company who contracted Panosonic to be its sole licensor and manafacturer,what I mean is that like 3DO, JSN could be contracting SEGA to license & manufacture B.I.G. C!!! A 3rd party company contracting a 1st party to license thier machine!

There was a Samsung version of 3DO. It just wasn't released in America but was huge in Korea.

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

SegaNews wrote:Does sound like this console may use an Ubuntu based OS. This would make coding for this console a dream come true!
Do you guys think an Ubuntu based OS is smart or no?

You mean something like the evo smart console which runs Fedora

EVO http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVO_Smart_Console