SegNews update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SegaNews
fragger

SegNews update

Post#1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:09 pm

I received word that the new console is going to be compatible of using the KidsPad as a controller! The Kidspad will still also be a tablet!

Email:
"SegaNews been a long time since we last talked. But man do i have info! Sega saw the Wii U and claims that the controller is an amazing idea, so they are going to use their tablet to counteract it. Their tablet now has two jobs, being a controller and a tablet!
-s3g@pr0
P.S. I am back"

Interesting eh!?
What do you all think?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Re: SegNews update

Post#2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow, are you serious?

Interesting source.

KIDS PAD doubling as a back up controller for RINGWAVE/FUTURA sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, did you read what I translated from a Japanese game industry insider regaurding Dan Kuso's source on Imagination Tech's BIG plans for Power VR RTX? :o

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#3 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Interesting.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Post#4 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:22 pm

There's word that SEGA has begun talks to begin developing digital DLC-only projects for the Wii U virtual console non exclusive.(Which futher confirms that they are abandoning all boxed 3rd party support in 2012.)

Nintendo is having a tough time trying to get strong Japanese support. Most Japanese publishers are not convinced that Wii U is cutting edge, although they are very interested in the controller concept. Most publishers just aren't immpressed.

SEGA will continue as a multiplatform publisher ONLY in digital,PC,mobile and social network form. While developing for KIDS PAD, and bigger boxed IPs, RINGWAVE/FUTURA.

altecgodofchaos
minority

Post#5 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 pm

you guys are the gossiper scums of the earth. there is no room for another console. 4 would be way to much, and xbox 360 and ps3 are still ruling. if sega screws up again, than they might as well kiss their asses goodbye
Sega Dreamcast "its thinking"

MrSega

Post#6 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 am

altecgodofchaos wrote:you guys are the gossiper scums of the earth. there is no room for another console. 4 would be way to much, and xbox 360 and ps3 are still ruling. if sega screws up again, than they might as well kiss their asses goodbye

In my and many other's opinions, there is.

The reason why is much more complex than you think it is.

Also, please watch your words when you state your opinion. There's no need for name calling.

I'm given you a little warning.

altecgodofchaos
minority

Post#7 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:38 am

but than again there still isn't much room for mistakes either. you remember how sega pulled the sega saturn too soon, and thats why ea and other games didn't appear on the sega dreamcast. I strongly believe they are making a mistake trying again, because if they screw up again they might as well go bankrupt
Sega Dreamcast "its thinking"

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#8 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 pm

I think Sega learnt from the costly lessons of the past, hence the continued push in to 3rd party publishing. Unless there is any credible evidence to back up claims that there is a new console in the works then right now all these so called "rumors" amount to is wishful thinking on the part of those who believe in these "rumors".

My two cents...

MrSega

Post#9 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:35 pm

altecgodofchaos wrote:but than again there still isn't much room for mistakes either. you remember how sega pulled the sega saturn too soon, and thats why ea and other games didn't appear on the sega dreamcast. I strongly believe they are making a mistake trying again, because if they screw up again they might as well go bankrupt

SEGA Saturn was supported in Japan until 2000. The system preformed dismally in America due to management problems at Sega of America. EA didn't support
Dreamcast because of Bernie Stolar. EA wanted to support the console, but Stolar told them that they would only allow one NFL title on DC.

SEGA's relationship with EA is much different now. In fact EA, has given SEGA all Japanese publishing & licensing rights to its IPs.

SEGA must return to the hardware fold. The PS3 itself has resulted in over $10 billion in losses and Sony cannot afford to build a successor and MUST continue to invest in PS3, Wii's novelty has run out. Wii U could fare modestly in overseas markets, but Japanese expectations are low & its potential is waning as Nintendo struggles to get Japanese 3rd party support and many developers are having a difficult time with the controller calling it "too cheap" to work with. All indicators show it to be the Japanese version of the Atari 5200. If the system flops in Japan, it could be a serious setback for Nintendo.

SEGA's profits & revenue have skyrocketed in the past 3 years. During the Saturn, SEGA/CSK's net worth was $5 billion, during Dreamcast it was $2.5 billion, as of 2009, SEGASammy's networth is $20 billion. Saturn's budget was $650 million in 93-94 adjusted inflation is $1.3 billion, DC's in 1997-98 was $500 mill which is only $800 million now.

With $1 billion in investments left over after thier $4.5 billion earned revenue in 2009 another 1.5 billion in from the 2010 5.0 billion revenue, SEGASammy has $2.5 billion dollars in investment money, if they earn more this year in 2011 at least, SEGASammy will have nearly $4 billion in investment

MrSega

Post#10 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

In SEGASammy's September shareholders meeting, detailed in SEGASammy's shareholders report which both TSSZ & Destructoid have reported last week, the company has stated that the company doesn't see a future remaining a non digital multiplatform publisher. The report states that continued investments of multiplatform IPs aren't breaking even overseas, & that all FIELDS in the company, Amusement machine sales,panchinko,UFO machines,slot machines,digital content,domestic IPs are earning STRONG profit & revenue EXCEPT overseas multiplatform non digital IPs which are preforming even less than expected in sales & returns.

So you see, SEGA has nothing to lose investing $800 million in RINGWAVE/Futura & $300 million in KIDS PAD.

They do have WAY more money than they did during Dreamcast, so spending $1.3 billion in budget on two new home consumer platforms would be a very wise investment instead of spending that money on big high budget 3rd party game that people will overlook because its not some crappy FPS or party game.

I personally believe Sonic Generations will help make the case for SEGA to become a 1st party developer again & a digital only multiplatformer. Even if it does sell like mad & and is praised by nearly every game reviewer(like I think it will) SEGA will still reconize that the only thing people outside of Japan know them for is Sonic.