In 8 Days Time All Shall Be Revealed.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Re: In 8 Days Time All Shall Be Revealed.

Post#51 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

MrSega wrote:Mephiles. It was totally irrelavant trying to ask something so pointless question.

So. could you anwser the question, I ask? What do you think of NVIDIA getting in the mircoprocessor business?

There's nothing for me to really say on that matter. Other then the fact i'm interested in what the results/outcome of it could be.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#52 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:01 pm

MrSega wrote:You know what. I'm actually excited and surprised that NVIDIA is entering the mircoprocessor market and think they have alot of potential and wonder just how inexpensive powered they're building Denver to be.

What does any think about the chances of success for Nvidia as well as bringing out cutting edge techology in the OEM world?

So why are you all of a sudden so excited about Nvidia?
I seem to recall a few months ago you claiming that they were inferior to the "great ImgTec" and their wonder chip, the PowerVR 6 Rogue.

As for the likelyhood of this Nvidia chip ending up in a Sega arcade machine or console, I put it somewhere between non-existant and never. :lol:

MrSega

Post#53 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Mephiles550 wrote:
MrSega wrote:Mephiles. It was totally irrelavant trying to ask something so pointless question.

So. could you anwser the question, I ask? What do you think of NVIDIA getting in the mircoprocessor business?

There's nothing for me to really say on that matter. Other then the fact i'm interested in what the results/outcome of it could be.

So am I. Thats why I'm going to gather as much info on NVIDIA's Project Denver as I can find.

NVIDIA building a CPU definetly is not good news for Intel.

RayTracer
undertow

Post#54 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:30 pm

The Editor of The Stringer Report again confirms Mr. Morris's investigative journalism.

All that said – be ready for a big surprise at JAMMA next week :)

http://arcadeheroes.com/2011/09/07/sega ... in-motion/

stu, where are you now?

SegaNews
fragger

Post#55 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:46 pm

RayTracer wrote:The Editor of The Stringer Report again confirms Mr. Morris's investigative journalism.

stu, where are you now?

He's probably right here, yet laughing at you. Another source that proves nothing he doesn't already believe! For the last time YES there is an arcade board! And yes he knows! But NO Mr. Morris didn't point this out, as it is another PC based board!
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#56 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:50 pm

So, SegaNews. What do think of NVIDIA entering the 2nd party OEM market?

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#57 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm

RayTracer wrote:The Editor of The Stringer Report again confirms Mr. Morris's investigative journalism.

stu, where are you now?

Do you ever get tired of asking that same DUMB question? GEEZ :roll:

Back on topic, I checked out the link that you provided and it seems that someone called "Futura" popped up and unloaded this wonderfully bad post on to the arcade heroes site (lets play a 'guess who?' game and try to guess who Futura is :lol: )

Futura wrote:The RINGEDGE is nothing more than a mere mid range board. Simluar to System 32,Model 3 and Europa R. It was never intended to be the successor to LINDBERGH.
Oh and the S3gaLeaks blog is an imposter. The REAL Zachary Morris no longer runs a blog. I have his contact PM info on another site.
I have realible sources who have told me that the CPU of the new board will be either a Fujitsu SPARC Venus 8 or Hitachi ARM 8 cored 64-bit. SEGA has no plans to use PC hardware because they’re looking for a mircoprocessor capable of 8 Core L3 Chache preformance. The new board is believed to be called “RINGWAVE”.
Also, SEGA IS INDEED preparing to officially return to the hardware business. The rumored new console goes by the codenamed “Super System” and “FUTURA”(This name appears in a Sony Computer Entertainment Survey.)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xtYK ... 20copy.jpg

In case you think its a hoax:

https://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix2/ ... te=current

Having comprehensively pwned Hikaru/RayTracer on a number of times, it is now Futura's turn to feel the PWNED Hammer :lol:

arcadeheroes wrote:Of course it’s all a hoax, Sega fans just can’t accept the fact that they left the home console business and so waste bandwidth dreaming of their glorious return. You ignore all realities such as a terrible worldwide economy and always have “reliable sources” who are mysteriously unnamed all the time and for some reason never share these rumors with credible journalists, which if you were going to release a new console Sega would want to share with people like that and not random Sega fans on the net. I’m sorry you guys waste so much of your time getting excited about things that don’t exist and frankly I’m tired of dealing with it here so all future rumor talk of Sega consoles will simply be deleted because it’s pointless and what we care about here are arcade games anyways. (snigger :lol:)

BTW- Last time with Ringedge/Ringwide, the rumors were also “backed up” with patents and such so you’ll have to do better than that. An old survey by Sony, big whoop. Meant about as much as WalMart accidentally putting Sega as a system for a console game release because someone wasn’t paying attention. Also for all the talk of people having the inside scoop on Sega’s next piece of arcade hardware, I’ve noticed a glaring omission of what it’s will be capable of and no it has nothing to do with raytracing.

Well there you have it folks, it looks like arcadeheroes is unbeatable.

Score:
arcadeheroes - 1
Futura - 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#58 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:31 pm

SegaNews wrote:

stu, where are you now?

He's probably right here, yet laughing at you. Another source that proves nothing he doesn't already believe! For the last time YES there is an arcade board! And yes he knows! But NO Mr. Morris didn't point this out, as it is another PC based board!

Thanks SegaNews, I don't think I could of put it better myself ..lol :lol:

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#59 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:38 pm

stu wrote:

stu, where are you now?

Do you ever get tired of asking that same DUMB question? GEEZ :roll:

Back on topic, I checked out the link that you provided and it seems that someone called "Futura" popped up and unloaded this wonderfully bad post on to the arcade heroes site (lets play a 'guess who?' game and try to guess who Futura is :lol: )

Futura wrote:The RINGEDGE is nothing more than a mere mid range board. Simluar to System 32,Model 3 and Europa R. It was never intended to be the successor to LINDBERGH.
Oh and the S3gaLeaks blog is an imposter. The REAL Zachary Morris no longer runs a blog. I have his contact PM info on another site.
I have realible sources who have told me that the CPU of the new board will be either a Fujitsu SPARC Venus 8 or Hitachi ARM 8 cored 64-bit. SEGA has no plans to use PC hardware because they’re looking for a mircoprocessor capable of 8 Core L3 Chache preformance. The new board is believed to be called “RINGWAVE”.
Also, SEGA IS INDEED preparing to officially return to the hardware business. The rumored new console goes by the codenamed “Super System” and “FUTURA”(This name appears in a Sony Computer Entertainment Survey.)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xtYK ... 20copy.jpg

In case you think its a hoax:

https://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix2/ ... te=current

Having comprehensively pwned Hikaru/RayTracer on a number of times, it is now Futura's turn to feel the PWNED Hammer :lol:

arcadeheroes wrote:Of course it’s all a hoax, Sega fans just can’t accept the fact that they left the home console business and so waste bandwidth dreaming of their glorious return. You ignore all realities such as a terrible worldwide economy and always have “reliable sources” who are mysteriously unnamed all the time and for some reason never share these rumors with credible journalists, which if you were going to release a new console Sega would want to share with people like that and not random Sega fans on the net. I’m sorry you guys waste so much of your time getting excited about things that don’t exist and frankly I’m tired of dealing with it here so all future rumor talk of Sega consoles will simply be deleted because it’s pointless and what we care about here are arcade games anyways. (snigger :lol:)

BTW- Last time with Ringedge/Ringwide, the rumors were also “backed up” with patents and such so you’ll have to do better than that. An old survey by Sony, big whoop. Meant about as much as WalMart accidentally putting Sega as a system for a console game release because someone wasn’t paying attention. Also for all the talk of people having the inside scoop on Sega’s next piece of arcade hardware, I’ve noticed a glaring omission of what it’s will be capable of and no it has nothing to do with raytracing.

Well there you have it folks, it looks like arcadeheroes is unbeatable.

Score:
arcadeheroes - 1
Futura - 0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmao! I needed that laugh.
(Lulz the pwned hammer....nice. :D )

MrSega

Post#60 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Here's an interesting article on Nvidia Denver.

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/08/05/what ... -based-on/

I'm still in alot of shock and surprise that Nvidia is getting into the PC 2nd party mircoprocessor game.