Is This Controller For The New Sega Console?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RayTracer
undertow

Is This Controller For The New Sega Console?

Post by RayTracer »

This image has been doing the rounds on the internet over the last 24 hours -

MrSega

Re: Is This Controller For The New Sega Console?

Post by MrSega »

Defiently photoshopped and fanmade.

SEGA has two protoype concepts for the Super System/FUTURA controller: a smaller Saturn-like 3D pad with attactments and a GBA-like design with a 5" LCD touchscreen, thumbpad and 6 touch buttons.
mutantlx
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None Yet

Post by mutantlx »

If only it was lol

Mrsega you got any images on that?
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

mutantlx wrote:If only it was lol

Mrsega you got any images on that?

I only got an old patent issued in 2009 that shows two controller designs, one looking simluar to the Nights Saturn controller and the other much like the 6 button Genesis controller. The reason why I suggested the controller will mimick the GBA is because Nintendo no longer holds the patent to the GBA design. The Genesis-like controller has obviously been retooled and redesigned to look like the Game Boy Advance.

SEGA's has been thinking about the touch screen concept since 2009. In fact in the patent, there's a drawing of a small LCD screen add on for the controller.
mutantlx
undertow

Post by mutantlx »

cool, I have seen the patent.

If they ever did do that design lets hope they don't make it as huge as the wii u pad XD
K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

One thing. Several companies had problems in making 3rd party controlers that look pretty much like the original controlers and the solution is either stop production or share profits with microsoft/sony.

If sega made a junk controler (i seriously hate sony controlers) that looks like the playstation controlers then the same would happen.
Sega isn't dumb into making something the others already did, meaning this was fan made and only shows the lack of creativity as the image itself is just a modified playstation controler
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

mutantlx wrote:cool, I have seen the patent.

If they ever did do that design lets hope they don't make it as huge as the wii u pad XD

I'm confident that SEGA will not design a bulky and fat controller. Like I said, with the design of the original GBA and a 5' touchscreen, the controller would be both user friendly and very easy to use.

If SEGA indeed does use the GBA design, Nintendo will probably be kicking themselves wondering why the hell did we abandoned this design patent in 2005?

And KIREEK is right. SEGA is a pioneer. They aren't stupid and would NEVER copy or imatate someone else. SEGA has always tried to be cutting edge and creative and whenever they've tried to capture the success of someone else doing something, they've innovated by coming up with concepts no one else has dared to try.
mutantlx
undertow

Post by mutantlx »

well said, i too have always believed that.