New Sega Job Ads Mention Software For Next Gen Sega Platform

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RayTracer
undertow

New Sega Job Ads Mention Software For Next Gen Sega Platform

Post#1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160593

It begins. It well and truly begins. Sega has finally broken silence.

As the legendary Dan Kuso would say "Stu, where are you now?"

MrSega

Re: New Sega Job Ads Mention Software For Next Gen Sega Plat

Post#2 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

What's odd is not only are you using a Nintendo site as a source, but those are assuming a Wii U title obviously don't understand that if were for the Wii U it would be immediately confirmed like Dragon Quest X.

Notice the ad's description is fairly simluar to the ad for "AliensVSPredator 2" for next generation consoles not for Wii U.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#3 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Wii U game much? Late 2012, so one year can turn an arcade board into a console nowadays? I just don't see it happening that fast. Sega has learned many times over being an early release is a risk, because then your opponent can beat you hardware wise in every way. So I predict they will take their time this time, and at least wait till "Bulldozer" is announced. So if sources are leading us in the right direction, we can hope late 2013 we will be told about the new Sega console.
I would like to input one more thought into this discussion, what could this game be?
And for MrSega, Kidspad hint?
-SegaNews
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm

this proves nothing, as usual
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

MrSega

Post#5 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:35 pm

SegaNews wrote:Wii U game much? Late 2012, so one year can turn an arcade board into a console nowadays? I just don't see it happening that fast. Sega has learned many times over being an early release is a risk, because then your opponent can beat you hardware wise in every way. So I predict they will take their time this time, and at least wait till "Bulldozer" is announced. So if sources are leading us in the right direction, we can hope late 2013 we will be told about the new Sega console.
I would like to input one more thought into this discussion, what could this game be?
And for MrSega, Kidspad hint?
-SegaNews

Turning an arcade board into a console in 1 year is definetly not out of the ordinary. Its happened plenty of times mainly because SEGA had already been working on a console variant in advance. Saturn's arcade counterpart Model 2 was rolled out late cause SEGA changed its chipset in the middle of development. NAOMI arrived in Japanese arcades a year before Dreamcast launched in America.

With RINGWAVE set to be annouced next week, if the machine isn't PC based then I can assure you that Super System/FUTURA's unveiling will take place next spring Oh, and Bulldozer won't be unveiled until E3 2012 so I still project an early fall 2012 launch of FUTURA maybe if KIDS PAD is delayed, the console will get an early 2013 launch.

As for KIDS PAD, the name has been tweaked. It is no longer spelled KIDSPAD the words are now seperated. I have a hunch the device will be unveiled at JAMMA(it sounds like SEGAs got some lovely surprises for everybody there.) or just before TGS, we'll have to wait until SEGA's post Tsunami trademarking department is updated.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#6 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:32 pm

RayTracer wrote:http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160593

It begins. It well and truly begins. Sega has finally broken silence.

As the legendary Dan Kuso would say "Stu, where are you now?"

"the legendary Dan Kuso"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think "legendary" is how I would describe your other alias ..lol :lol:

Anyway back on topic, this is coming from a Nintendo site and seems to show that Sega is still building up their development studios dedicated to the next gen systems that will be coming out from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. I imagine the initial systems that these teams will be working on will be the PSVita and the Wii U, but will also probably be some of the first people to get a look at the next Xbox and Playstation home systems as well, as the development kits for these systems become available.

BTW your thread title is very misleading, nowhere in that article does it mention a "Next Gen Sega Platform". You really need to try harder next time RayTracer.

Grade for this Journalism 101 class assignment: FAIL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by stu on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrSega

Post#7 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Just to let everyone know, There is NO Playstation 4. SCEI's investors in fact have just pledged to keep supporting the console for 3 more years and are actually planning an upgrade that will compete against Wii U called "PS3.5". The upgrade is expected sometime next year.

PS4 doesn't exist. End of Story.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#8 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:52 am

MrSega wrote:Just to let everyone know, There is NO Playstation 4. SCEI's investors in fact have just pledged to keep supporting the console for 3 more years and are actually planning an upgrade that will compete against Wii U called "PS3.5". The upgrade is expected sometime next year.

PS4 doesn't exist. End of Story.

Thats interesting, it seems that GameSpot's sources disagree with your analysis, MrSega. 8-)

PlayStation 4 in early 2013?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6332563/pl ... Btitle%3B1

Quote: "The report cites a source with the quote, "PlayStation 4 in 18 months." The source apparently heard the news during "a 'high-level meeting' at Sony."

It seems the next gen Playstation home system is closer to launch than most people think.