Sega Futura Sony Survey

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: Sega Futura Sony Survey

Post#21 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:15 pm

@Shimo. You're right. You know, Shimo I think were on to something.

If this is indeed real. And not some fluke that Sony now has learned that SEGA has a new console, like I said, this benifits SEGA because it assures that by the time Sony is able to roll out a Playstation 4, Super System/FUTURA will already have been out for 3 years having had time to establish itself on top of Xbox Bulldozer having only been around for a short time.

This also would if this report is true, DASH all hopes for a PS4 for now and would mean Sony fans would have NO choice but to stick with what they have and have to compete against the likes of Nintendo while SEGA and Mircosoft will have more powerful hardware out.

HowlingFear
fire

Post#22 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 am

What about Microsoft ? They probably had even greater loss when the first Xbox was launched but still they had enough money to release the next one.
I understand they've dominated the software market for a long time but now they have some competitors like Google and Apple which make their life a bit more difficult.

MrSega

Post#23 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

HowlingFear wrote:What about Microsoft ? They probably had even greater loss when the first Xbox was launched but still they had enough money to release the next one.
I understand they've dominated the software market for a long time but now they have some competitors like Google and Apple which make their life a bit more difficult.

Mircosoft is in the early stages of developing an Xbox 3 codenamed project "Xbox Bulldozer". Named for alleged AMD based HPC that will power the machine, Mircosoft isn't expected to roll out the console until 2013.

Though Xbox 1 costed a fortune to build and manufacture $1 billion budget in 1999, Mircosoft has made significant gains in market penetration since 2007. And since 2009, 360 has dominated the US market as well as shown strong sales in Europe and been the console of choice in Latin America. Only in Japan, Mircosoft is small and overlooked

Mircosoft's investors have been very careful in executing 360 SKUs and Kinect has surprisely done better than they expected to. With that said MS is playing it safe, altough the declining PC market could hurt thier Windows brand, MS's key success is careful business investing. In fact, they've vowed that once SEGA releases a new platform, that they'll shut down Mircosoft Japan and instead will focus on South Korean and Taiwan markets.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#24 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 am

I didn't know the pc market was declining...for the record windows 7 is gr8...