Sonic 4 Episode 2 details comming soon.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

stu
Feet of Fury

Re: Sonic 4 Episode 2 details comming soon.

Post by stu »

Looks like Sega has confirmed that Sonic 4 Episode 2 will be launched in 2012.

Quote:

"This year, 2011, is the anniversary, so we're focusing on the celebration title," Sonic Team's Takashi Iikuza told Eurogamer, "But moving forward to 2012, Sonic will still be going, so I'd hope to provide Episode 2 then."

Going the episodic route is normally an indication that there'll be a quicker turnaround than there is in a normal sequel cycle - so was it always the intention to have such an extended hiatus for Sonic 4?

"It was always the plan," said Iizuka, "We knew about the anniversary year, and Generations was planned way in advance. It was always our plan to release Episode 2 after Generations."

Another revelation is that there might not be a Episode 3 of Sonic 4.

Quote:

Valve found itself in a similar situation when it opted for an episodic route for its Half Life 2 successors - and it looks as if the chances of a third Sonic the Hedgehog 4 episode are as slim as seeing an imminent return from Gordon Freeman.

"We can't say if there's going to be Episode 3 or not," Iizuka said when asked if there would be such a long wait between the second and third takes on Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

SEGA was unable to comment on when the new episode would be released, or whether it would be the last we'd see of Sonic 4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... 12-article
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

stu like I said, my indications have told me Sonic 4: Episode 2 will be released in February or March. Also PS Vita will indeed have the game as a launch title.

There's reason to believe that Episode 2 details will be made official at TGS next month as well.
stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:stu like I said, my indications have told me Sonic 4: Episode 2 will be released in February or March. Also PS Vita will indeed have the game as a launch title.

There's reason to believe that Episode 2 details will be made official at TGS next month as well.

Sega have only confirmed that the game will be released sometime in 2012, so whether your "indications" are correct or not, we'll have to see. Personally speaking, I am wondering if it will be released later in 2012 since the game was not shown at E3 this year. Most of the titles that Sega is planning to release by the end of the 2011 financial year (ie by March 31st 2012) were shown at E3 2011, this game was not.

This may mean that the game will be release later in 2012, possibly in October 2012 like Episode 1 did in 2010, however that is only speculation on my part.

In my opinion it really isn't a huge surprise that the game will not be out this year, as Takashi Iikuza said, Sonic Team is focusing all their efforts on the Sonic Generations game, attempting to release Episode 2 would possibly dilute this effort and could take attention away from the main event...Sonic Generations.
HowlingFear
fire

Post by HowlingFear »

Interesting. What Sega will be showing at TGS ?
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

HowlingFear wrote:Image
Interesting. What Sega will be showing at TGS ?

Keeping my fingers crossed for KIDS PAD display and demos as well as official details of Sonic 4 Episode 2.