nintendo president apologizes for 3ds poor start

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hiryosuke
Dead House

nintendo president apologizes for 3ds poor start

Post#1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

MrSega

Re: nintendo president apologizes for 3ds poor start

Post#2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Nintendo's CEO pleading with consumers to buy 3DS.

Not a good sign.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

MrSega wrote:Nintendo's CEO pleading with consumers to buy 3DS.

Not a good sign.
that isn't what i read. he is pleading for people to be patient. he is asking early adopters to wait for better games (November, December). nowhere did i read that he was begging people to buy the handheld. he also showed regret for not launching the system with better games.

MrSega

Post#4 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

It looks like you might have took my comment it bit out of context. I didn't say Iwata is begging people to buy 3DS, I was saying that Iwata is pleading for people to invest in 3DS that he's asking consumers to bear with him and give the handheld more time.

I personally have nothing against the 3DS and don't think its a failure.(Its got plenty of time and potentional to
establish itself) but this should be a wakeup call to Nintendo that they need to seriously change thier stubborn attitude towards adapting techology. Its the same attitude that turned me off of Gamecube with Nintendo giving the middle finger to online gaming.

Nintendo needs to go back to the drawing board with 3DS, they need to quickly and hurridly release a smartphone design or else 3DS may not fare well against PS Vita and KIDS PAD.

MrSega

Post#5 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Besides, 3DS doesn't even have any killer app releases, at least not yet.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#6 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 pm

MrSega wrote:Besides, 3DS doesn't even have any killer app releases, at least not yet.
that is exactly why he was regretting releasing it to early. he wanted to release one of Nintendos big IPs with the console.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#7 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:11 am

U know it is weird it launched with no major first party title...