new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012
stu
Feet of Fury
Posts: 578

Re: new kidspad update

Post#41 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 pm

@ MrSega -Wow it would seem that you are the only person on the planet to "know" this. Soo where did you learn this from? what websites did you use to find out all this information from? :?:

should be really interesting to hear this .. :roll:

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#42 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

It is now November 12 the response deadline for the mark & yet everything remains completely intact.

What does this mean? It means the update will appear on the next business day which is Monday or Tuesday.

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#43 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm

BINGO: KIDS PAD is officially been updated with a more detailed description of the mark:

2011-11-12 19:31:55 ET

Serial Number: 85264286 Assignment Information Trademark Document Retrieval

Registration Number: (NOT AVAILABLE)

Mark


(words only): KIDS PAD

Standard Character claim: No

Current Status: Applicant's response to a non-final Office action has been entered. The application is being returned to the examining attorney for further review. To view all documents in this file, click on the Trademark Document Retrieval link at the top of this page.

Date of Status: 2011-11-12

Filing Date: 2011-03-11

Transformed into a National Application: No

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Register: Principal

Law Office Assigned: LAW OFFICE 104

Attorney Assigned:
MARTIN CHRISTINE C

Current Location: L4X -TMEG Law Office 104 - Examining Attorney Assigned

Date In Location: 2011-05-12

LAST APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) OF RECORD
1. SEGA TOYS CO., LTD.

Address:
SEGA TOYS CO., LTD.
1-39 Hiroo 1-chome, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-0012
Japan
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
State or Country of Incorporation: Japan

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
International Class: 009
Class Status: Active
Handheld computers; portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, audio and video files; Video monitors for tablet computers and portable and handheld digital electronic devices; Computer programs for educational training, intellectual training or mental training; pre-recorded digital electronic media for computer programs of educational training, intellectual training or mental training; hand-held units for playing electronic games for use with external display screen or monitor
Basis: 1(b)
First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

International Class: 028
Class Status: Active
Handheld games with liquid crystal displays; Electronic and mechanical game equipment, namely home-use game machines; Handheld units for playing electronic games adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; Toys, namely electronic toy robots, home-use games
Basis: 1(b)
First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Description of Mark: The mark consists of the stylized word "KidsPad" where the letters "K" and "P" are uppercase, and the remaining letters lowercase, all letters are rounded, and the bottom portion of the "d" at the end of the word is not quite closed.

MADRID PROTOCOL INFORMATION
(NOT AVAILABLE)

PROSECUTION HISTORY
NOTE: To view any document referenced below, click on the link to "Trademark Document Retrieval" shown near the top of this page.

2011-11-12 - Teas/Email Correspondence Entered

2011-11-11 - Communication received from applicant

2011-11-11 - TEAS Response to Office Action Received

2011-05-12 - Notification Of Non-Final Action E-Mailed

2011-05-12 - Non-final action e-mailed

2011-05-12 - Non-Final Action Written

2011-05-11 - Assigned To Examiner

2011-03-16 - New Application Office Supplied Data Entered In Tram

2011-03-14 - New Application Entered In Tram


It look like it will be sold and passed off as an iPad for kids and family with tacked on games both educational family friendy and mainstream.

User avatar
SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor
Posts: 181

Re: new kidspad update

Post#44 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 pm

so it is targeted at toddlers? it cant be used as a regular ipad/tablet? its mostly kid educated games? as in like sega's version of the leap pad?
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#45 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I did a comparison to the more detailed description of KIDS PAD and Leapfrog devices & I found numorous differences. All Leapfrog products say "Computer Game software for Children", "Educational Game Programs", "Educational game software". But KIDS PAD's doesn't say that it says "Computer Programs for Educational training,learning, mental training,Intellectual training." And "Electronic handheld device;Unit for playing games home in use games".

What this means is what I've been saying all along: KIDS PAD is NOT a Leapfrog or a PICO. It is a electronic tablet and casual device aimed at iPad owners,Teachers,Students,Professors,Kids,Parents, and Employees & the Wii crowd. It will indeed not be sold as a competitor against 3DS,Via,360 & PS3 even though it will have mainstream current gen game software.

So this is SEGA's first baby steps back into home game hardware.

Looks like there will be a SEGA FUTURA console after all. :D

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#46 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:17 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:so it is targeted at toddlers? it cant be used as a regular ipad/tablet? its mostly kid educated games? as in like sega's version of the leap pad?


Nope. I read the description and compared it to Leapfrog. Its a casual electronic tablet for casual gamers that will double as a game tablet.

Leapfrog says "Computer game software & Children's educational game programs". KIDS PAD doesn't say that. It says "Computer Programs for Educational training, Handheld unit for playing electronic games" not "For playing educational software or Educational Children's software".

Its for casuals for all ages not Children & toddlers.

User avatar
SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor
Posts: 181

Re: new kidspad update

Post#47 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:46 pm

oh i see good then. you still think it will make it for the holidays?
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

stu
Feet of Fury
Posts: 578

Re: new kidspad update

Post#48 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:51 pm

MrSega wrote:I did a comparison to the more detailed description of KIDS PAD and Leapfrog devices & I found numorous differences. All Leapfrog products say "Computer Game software for Children", "Educational Game Programs", "Educational game software". But KIDS PAD's doesn't say that it says "Computer Programs for Educational training,learning, mental training,Intellectual training." And "Electronic handheld device;Unit for playing games home in use games".

What this means is what I've been saying all along: KIDS PAD is NOT a Leapfrog or a PICO. It is a electronic tablet and casual device aimed at iPad owners,Teachers,Students,Professors,Kids,Parents, and Employees & the Wii crowd. It will indeed not be sold as a competitor against 3DS,Via,360 & PS3 even though it will have mainstream current gen game software.

So this is SEGA's first baby steps back into home game hardware.

Looks like there will be a SEGA FUTURA console after all. :D




:roll:

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#49 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:00 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:oh i see good then. you still think it will make it for the holidays?



It is still very likely to begin test marketing this holiday season.

Futher stuying of mark suggest it will be an Andriod tablet. And that it will have over 2 dozen apps that you normally find on Androids & Smartphones, from the sounds of it, it'll have a camera so you'll be able to record videos & take digital photos, it sounds like ALL media will be digital including educational apps and normal mainstream games.

Its basically a multimedia tablet, like CDi except executed FAR better & with actual games.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind
Posts: 320

Re: new kidspad update

Post#50 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:09 am

MrSega wrote:
SEGA-TUDE wrote:oh i see good then. you still think it will make it for the holidays?



It is still very likely to begin test marketing this holiday season.

Futher stuying of mark suggest it will be an Andriod tablet. And that it will have over 2 dozen apps that you normally find on Androids & Smartphones, from the sounds of it, it'll have a camera so you'll be able to record videos & take digital photos, it sounds like ALL media will be digital including educational apps and normal mainstream games.

Its basically a multimedia tablet, like CDi except executed FAR better & with actual games.


sweet :D

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rumors/Speculation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users