new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Re: new kidspad update

Post#401 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Logic wrote:Durable? I'm sure of it.

Completely Anti Pirate? Largest lie ever. If it can be assembled, constructed, programmed ect...it can be pirated or reverse engineered.

just typing what i heard from some forum that popped up on a google search. i wasn't claiming anything just want to throw that out ther.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Logic
core

Post#402 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:

Completely Anti Pirate? Largest lie ever. If it can be assembled, constructed, programmed ect...it can be pirated or reverse engineered.

just typing what i heard from some forum that popped up on a google search. i wasn't claiming anything just want to throw that out ther.

I know, just putting my 2 cents in.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#403 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Logic wrote:
SEGA-TUDE wrote:

I know, just putting my 2 cents in.

http://www.trademarkia.com/kidspad-85249514.html
Status Update! On Thursday, January 5, 2012, status on the KIDSPAD trademark changed to FINAL REFUSAL - MAILED.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#404 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:01 pm

craziestrufis wrote:http://www.trademarkia.com/kidspad-85249514.html
Status Update! On Thursday, January 5, 2012, status on the KIDSPAD trademark changed to FINAL REFUSAL - MAILED.

I looked up what this status means and apparently unless Sega Toys' response overcomes all the objections of the examining attorney, then a 'final refusal' will be issued.

It would seem Sega Toys has till 7/5/2012 to fix the issues with this trademark or the application will be refused by the USPTO and Sega Toys will not be granted the trademark.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#405 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:02 pm

stu wrote:

I looked up what this status means and apparently unless Sega Toys' response overcomes all the objections of the examining attorney, then a 'final refusal' will be issued.

It would seem Sega Toys has till 7/5/2012 to fix the issues with this trademark or the application will be refused by the USPTO and Sega Toys will not be granted the trademark.

http://www.trademarkia.com/glossary/

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#406 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:04 pm

craziestrufis wrote:
stu wrote:

http://www.trademarkia.com/glossary/

FINAL REFUSAL - MAILED

The examiner has issued a final refusal of the application. This occurs for two general reasons: 1) the examiner reviewed the Applicant’s latest office action response and is not persuaded by the Applicant’s arguments, and/or 2) the Applicant’s response failed to address all the issues outlined the examiner’s prior office action.

Where a final refusal is issued the Applicant must either: 1) satisfy any outstanding issues in the final action, or 2) file a formal appeal with the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board contesting the examiner’s final decision.

Applicant’s generally have 6 months from the date the final refusal is mailed to respond. However, Applicant’s should review the office action itself to confirm the response deadline.

MrSega

Post#407 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm

@crazietrufis. All that's going on is that SEGA TOYS is in the proccess of filing a different trademark for the tablet & that until SEGA sends out the new mark for examination, the mark is herby suspended.

Simply put, it will NOT be called "Kids Pad". But something else.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#408 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

MrSega wrote:@crazietrufis. All that's going on is that SEGA TOYS is in the proccess of filing a different trademark for the tablet & that until SEGA sends out the new mark for examination, the mark is herby suspended.

so the kids pad will be officially call something easel now that great :P

MrSega

Post#409 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 pm

craziestrufis wrote:
MrSega wrote:@crazietrufis. All that's going on is that SEGA TOYS is in the proccess of filing a different trademark for the tablet & that until SEGA sends out the new mark for examination, the mark is herby suspended.

"dc Pad" or "RINGBOOK" are the names I think SEGA is pitching. It'll have an Android like
sound to it whatever they've decided to call it.

The name shall show up in the next trademark document that SEGA TOYS files.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post#410 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 am

MrSega wrote:
craziestrufis wrote:

"dc Pad" or "RINGBOOK" are the names I think SEGA is pitching. It'll have an Android like
sound to it whatever they've decided to call it.

The name shall show up in the next trademark document that SEGA TOYS files.

For whatever the "Kidspad" tablet is, I'm very glad that they decided not to choose the names Kids'pad. Since It might have drawn away some potential buyers. Even if the thing is a leap frogish device.

Your rumor is that this tablet will be revealed at CES?