Sega's Losing Money Again. Chances Of New Console Slim.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RayTracer
undertow

Sega's Losing Money Again. Chances Of New Console Slim.

Post#1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 am

SEGA SAMMY released their financials today and they've registered a loss for the 1st quarter.

Chances of a new console now seem to be slim IMHO.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/ ... _final.pdf

MrSega

Re: Sega's Losing Money Again. Chances Of New Console Slim.

Post#2 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm

This is a relatively pointeless topic. First of all the Tsunami affected everyone in Japan. Sony and Nintendo also reported losses at both 20% and 18% as well as Capcom.

Second, there was only a slight decrease in Pachinko slot Amusment operations due to the rolling blackouts and power shortages across Japan. Therefore SEGASammy's Pachinko operating profits decreased and people weren't able to use the facilities very much.

And 3rd, it was totally irrevant for you to double post intentionally. You should have posted the pdf link on your topic start bracket. Since you didn't, thats considered spam.

Topic Reported.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:35 pm

MrSega wrote:And 3rd, it was totally irrevant for you to double post intentionally. You should have posted the pdf link on your topic start bracket. Since you didn't, thats considered spam.

Topic Reported.
i agree, he could have added that into his first post, but i do not agree that this is spam or that it is irrelevant. if sega doesn't have the money to make a console it doesn't matter why they don't have said money. it just matters that they are to short of money to make a huge move like manufacturing a new console.

RayTracer
undertow

Post#4 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 pm

MrSega wrote:This is a relatively pointeless topic. First of all the Tsunami affected everyone in Japan. Sony and Nintendo also reported losses at both 20% and 18% as well as Capcom.

Second, there was only a slight decrease in Pachinko slot Amusment operations due to the rolling blackouts and power shortages across Japan. Therefore SEGASammy's Pachinko operating profits decreased and people weren't able to use the facilities very much.

And 3rd, it was totally irrevant for you to double post intentionally. You should have posted the pdf link on your topic start bracket. Since you didn't, thats considered spam.

Topic Reported.

After reading the pdf one more time it would seem the loss was only $28.8 million.

In other words it shouldn't impact a new console release.

Sorry for the false alarm.

MrSega

Post#5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Gary b, I didn't have a problem with the topic at all.(I didn't or don't consider it that important) The problem I had was the pointless double posting, that's why I reported it.