stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a bit

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Will sonic be getting better, mediocre, or worse in the future?

Better of course! colors and generations prove it!
44%
Mediocre. These games were just a coincidence.
No votes
Worse! sonic is dead to me!
28%
Not sure
28%

Total votes: 18

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Re: stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a

Post by Mephiles550 »

craziestrufis wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:This topic isn't directly about Generations. It's about Sonic's future in general.

But yes 100,000 Preorders will be helpful for Sega indeed. It's also the highest amount of preorders a Sonic game has received I think.

But as for this "Sonic Dimensions" I really can't say I like the concept.
i no this is way of top pick but my mom is not well at all shes in the hospital now shes bin in the hospital the for 2 weeks and i need all the paryes i can get thanks guys plez do not be mad at me for posting this on her thanks rufis :( :( :(
No problem. Hope she gets well soon.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

Mephiles550 wrote:
craziestrufis wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:This topic isn't directly about Generations. It's about Sonic's future in general.

But yes 100,000 Preorders will be helpful for Sega indeed. It's also the highest amount of preorders a Sonic game has received I think.

But as for this "Sonic Dimensions" I really can't say I like the concept.
i no this is way of top pick but my mom is not well at all shes in the hospital now shes bin in the hospital the for 2 weeks and i need all the paryes i can get thanks guys plez do not be mad at me for posting this on her thanks rufis :( :( :(
No problem. Hope she gets well soon.
thank u :(

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@Mephlies. Because most of the report sounds like pro Nintendo B.S. That fanboys just made the concept up after studying Sonic Generations' plot and combined Sonic Colors with SG, I have serious trouble believing this report to be factual at all. Let's just leave it at that. UPDATE: The rumor is Fake. Sonic Demensions is actaully a fanmade game using footage and engines from SG. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSb7ks1niPc Users jemi97 & 586SlugDrones have also pointed out all the inconsistacies inthe rumor and have concluded the rumor is false. Therefore any discussion about it is OFF TOPIC.

@craziestrifis. I too will pray for your mother. You're welcome to PM me about her condition.
Last edited by MrSega on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

Mephiles550 wrote:Well What do we have here....
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/10/29/rumo ... i-u-sonic/

"Sega is allegedly working directly with some Nintendo developers on this game."

If this is true, Then this kills the rumor of Sega not working on the Wii U.

stu were are you now?[/size]

Ah heck I don't post this forum for a day and people start asking me where I am again :lol: :lol:

Anyway back on topic, looks like there is a Wii U specific version of Sonic in the works after all. :lol:

CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

If this is true, Sega should just stick with one hardware manufacturer instead of being platform agnostic. Sega's flagship IP is still Sonic so Nintendo would be the ideal choice to be a 1.5 party developer for since Nintendo is for children as is Sonic.

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

MrSega wrote:@Mephlies. Because most of the report sounds like pro Nintendo B.S. That fanboys just made the concept up after studying Sonic Generations' plot and combined Sonic Colors with SG, I have serious trouble believing this report to be factual at all. Let's just leave it at that. UPDATE: The rumor is Fake. Sonic Demensions is actaully a fanmade game using footage and engines from SG. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSb7ks1niPc Users jemi97 & 586SlugDrones have also pointed out all the inconsistacies inthe rumor and have concluded the rumor is false. Therefore any discussion about it is OFF TOPIC.

@craziestrifis. I too will pray for your mother. You're welcome to PM me about her condition.
Eitherway it's a fan project. Made a while before the Sonic dimensions rumor came up. I'm pretty sure there was a fan project called Sonic Generations also.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

CruSega wrote:If this is true, Sega should just stick with one hardware manufacturer instead of being platform agnostic. Sega's flagship IP is still Sonic so Nintendo would be the ideal choice to be a 1.5 party developer for since Nintendo is for children as is Sonic.

I don't think that would be a really good idea. We still don't know how well the WII U will be for Nintendo. It could be a success or a failure.
And the First person shooter sixty needs some platformers. Same goes to the PS3.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

CruSega wrote:If this is true, Sega should just stick with one hardware manufacturer instead of being platform agnostic. Sega's flagship IP is still Sonic so Nintendo would be the ideal choice to be a 1.5 party developer for since Nintendo is for children as is Sonic.
The rumor is FAKE. Futher investigation shows that the storyline was ripped off from Sonic/Amy fan fiction & the concept was actually used in the Archie comic last year. This is a very elaborate done Nintendo fan HOAX. Its false. Cased Closed.

Let's get back on topic. What score does anyone think Gamespot will give Sonic Generations?
Last edited by MrSega on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

Gamespot's pretty harsh on there reviews. I predict inbetween 7.5-8.5.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles550 wrote:Gamespot's pretty harsh on there reviews. I predict inbetween 7.5-8.5.
Gamespot is payola of game reviews. It all depends on how much the publisher is paying GS to promote thier title. GS also alawys exploits the general malaise of fan bias and always gives immensely popluar titles high scores regaurdless of them being terrible. i.e., Hey,you Pikachu!

I rarely trust thier reviews.