Apple and...google to be involved in next gen consoles?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Apple and...google to be involved in next gen consoles?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Natural Harmonia Gropius

MrSega

Re: Apple and...google to be involved in next gen consoles?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Apple has ZERO plans to built a console, thier PC business continues to take off,Iphone and iPads are selling even more immpressive than Apple hoped.

Apple instead is planning a smartphone handheld that will compete seriously against 3DS,PS Vita and even KIDSPAD. While Apple TV will contain downloadable features in the near future, its base is too small for Apple to even consider selling it as a game streaming device.

As for Google, they are interested in Cloud based gaming. But keep in mind, Cloud gaming is still in very very early stages and isn't even yet expirmental. In fact a Cloud based console is still a decade away and isn't expected until at least 2019-2020.

Thus this tech rumor, is just wishful thinking among tech nerds Apple and Google have no plans to enter the console business, period.

Haneda,ZachMorris and FGN are all registered here. Haneda should be able to explain it to you in a more prefessional context.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#3 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Apple and Google hate each other...their too focused on lawsuits right now lol

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#4 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:36 am

Hmm interesting article. :)

I think its fair to say that Apple is already competing in the the same market as the home consoles with the iPad, I expect them to release a more powerful version of the AppleTV that will allow for a true console style experience on a TV, back in May in a thread on here I posted an article from Eurogamer/Digital Foundry discusses the possibilities in depth, this info can be found on pages 3 and 4:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... -vs-ipad-2

As for Google I think there is a good possibility of them doing a deal with someone like Sony.

Sony and Google are already working together on the GoogleTV project (along with Intel as well) and Sony announced the Playstation Certified program a few months ago, which links the Android OS with the Playstation brand, something else that I found interesting is that the PSVita is utilizing tech that is not too dissimilar to a smartphone. I'm speculating here, but it would not surprise me to see Sony integrate the GoogleTV system in to their next PlayStation home console and give compatibility with the Android Marketplace.

The other possibility for a Google/Android system could be from a company like Samsung or LG, again this is speculation on my part, but they could build a console-like system into either their TVs or Blu-Ray player and use the Android OS to power it. I admit that this possibility is very remote, but since this is a speculation forum I figured I'd throw it in there. ;)
Last edited by stu on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 am

Yeah I see can we Google working with don't on their next console. People r still speculating Google chrome coming to ps3