Sega's Profitablilty and a new console

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Sega's Profitablilty and a new console

Post#1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:56 pm

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG WITH ANY OF THIS.

Hey guys. It's been a while, hasn't it?

Anyway, Onto the main topic:
Today, while browsing the internet, I found this article on TSSZ. This states that Sega has a good chunk of the video game market in Japan (around 20.9%), beating out Nintendo (which has around 14.8%).

What does this mean? It means that Sega has nice chunk of power in the Japanese video game market, and that the Sega name is still well liked in Japan.

Since Sega Is still Profitable in Japan, I bet your thinking that Sega has the potential market to create a new console, right?

In Japan? Maybe.
In International Markets? No.

You see, Currently, In markets outside of Japan, The Sega name is, Lets say, less than profitable. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know for a fact that Sega games are actually declining in Foreign Markets.

I would guess that if Sega/Sammy/whomever was thinking about developing a new console, they halted their plans because of the poor sales in International markets.

HOWEVER!

Sega has the potential to become profitable internationally again.

In my opinion, there are 2 reasons that Sega isn't well liked in countries outside of japan:
1. Poor Quality of recent titles (i.e Golden Axe Beast Rider)
2. General Bad reputation

These problems, however, are already being resolved due to the announcement of good looking recent games (Sonic Generations, Renegade Ops, HotD Overkill Extended, etc.).

If Sega can keep this pace up, they could very well improve their standings in the international game markets.

Now, If Sega/Sammy/Whomever Maintains their strong standing in the Japanese Market, and regain the trust of international markets, The Sky's the limit. ♥
Natural Harmonia Gropius

SegaNews
fragger

Re: Sega's Profitablilty and a new console

Post#2 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Good article! Yet Sega can ask for investments if they are serious cant they!?
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm

SegaNews wrote:Good article! Yet Sega can ask for investments if they are serious cant they!?

thank you~

and as for your question?

I have no clue
Natural Harmonia Gropius

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#4 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Well even if the sega name isn't so great internationally they could still launch a console if they have excellent third party support...and if they can get third party exclusive games and or dlc that ppl really want