Yu Suzuki promoted advisor at SEGA AM.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Yu Suzuki promoted advisor at SEGA AM.

Post#1 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:40 pm

http://www.1up.com/news/yu-suzuki-leavi ... isory-role

Yu Suzuki is confirming that he will once again be promoted at SEGA as head advisor in engineering in SEGA's Amusment R&D, and will also be free to begin his own experimenting with his own new software company which is actually invovled in supporting Kinect.

What does anyone think this move indicates? Gamespot inaccurately reported it as he was leaving SEGA when he isn't.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Re: Yu Suzuki promoted advisor at SEGA AM.

Post#2 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Well ... that explains why they will not support Wii U if they will support Kinect.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Post#3 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:50 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:Well ... that explains why they will not support Wii U if they will support Kinect.

Suzuki's company is currently publishing mobile smartphone games, which begs the question if Suzuki's company will begin publishing Kinect material.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#4 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Good point. Who knows maybe they will decide to scrap their ideas for the kinect.
08/16/11[<3]

MrSega

Post#5 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 am

The new company is called "YS Net" and the developer is "Premium Agency". I wonder why so many people seem to think Yu Suzuki is leaving SEGA when he is not.

Suzuki is 62 years old, give him a break he's already on the verge of retiring.

Those whiners begging for a Shenmue III need to realize how underrated the franchise is, the first two games did not sell well. Releasing a multiplatform Shenmue game is a huge finicial risk for SEGA, if they want to do another Shenmue game it'll be on a SEGA platformer.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#6 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah, I dunno why either.

I doubt SEGA will make a S3. I dunno why people are still fussing over it. Its just a game, find a new series you like and move on.
08/16/11[<3]

MrSega

Post#7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 am

RiilihShimo wrote:Yeah, I dunno why either.

I doubt SEGA will make a S3. I dunno why people are still fussing over it. Its just a game, find a new series you like and move on.

I argee. Shenmue just didn't generate profit for SEGA and the current gen platform machines just cost to much to develop for.

People need to get over it. At least there's a silver lining, he's made a Shenmue spinoff smartphone game.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#8 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:41 am

Shenmue was, I think, the second best selling game after Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. Nobody knows whether a new multi platform episode would be successful or not. I personally think if the game was made properly and was well marketed then it would still sell well.

It's not just 'whiners' who are begging for a Shenmue 3 release, it's the vast majority of intelligent, sophisticated gamers who recognised it's incredible potential to change the way people percieved and enjoyed games. Has the last ten years of dull fps not needed a fresh injection of Sega colour and imagination ? Of course it has !

Yu Susuki himself has stated many times that he would love to make a sequel. He even has the script ready to go. I say Sega should swallow their doubts, realise all games have a risk factor and go for it :)

SegaNews
fragger

Post#9 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Neohound wrote:Shenmue was, I think, the second best selling game after Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. Nobody knows whether a new multi platform episode would be successful or not. I personally think if the game was made properly and was well marketed then it would still sell well.

It's not just 'whiners' who are begging for a Shenmue 3 release, it's the vast majority of intelligent, sophisticated gamers who recognised it's incredible potential to change the way people percieved and enjoyed games. Has the last ten years of dull fps not needed a fresh injection of Sega colour and imagination ? Of course it has !

Yu Susuki himself has stated many times that he would love to make a sequel. He even has the script ready to go. I say Sega should swallow their doubts, realise all games have a risk factor and go for it :)

Yes Shenmue did sell well, yet it costed a lot to make it, so even if it sold a lot, the revenue would not be that high!
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#10 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 pm

The original budget for Shenmue is estimated to have been $68 million, which was a substancial budget back in the late 1990s.

Development of the game actually started on the Saturn back in mid 1997, it was going to be the game that pushed the Saturn to its limits, showing people that Saturn was a definetly more techincally superior machine than PSone, that it was defiently capable of competing against Nintendo 64, it was to be the first time SEGA Saturn's true potenial would be realized. In March 1998, development was moved over to Katana/NAOMI which was soon dubbed "Dreamcast".

Although Shenmue is a great game, its way too overlooked. I seem to recall people drowning in the PS2 hype intentionally ignoring the game, also SEGA did market it the best they could plus I recall the game NOT recieving rave reviews enough for people to want to purchase it back in late 2000.

@Neohound. I'm afraid that in reguards to Shenmue there's some things that you don't seem to understand. First even though Shenmue was one of the best selling games in Japanese history, the Dreamcast did not have a high userbase in Japan to generate profit and revenue(it was actually a commercial flop in Japan), second remember 4 years ago when people begged for another Nights game and got one for Wii?How many of those actually brought the game?Not enough.

I personally feel that most of those asking for a Shenmue III for thier non SEGA platformer are truely selfish and probably won't buy the game if they got thier wish. After all, the cost of making games is just to DAMN expensive these days. A Shenmue non SEGA platform title would estimate be a $150 million dollar budget, consider the fact that SEGA rarely breaks even with thier boxed multiplatform titles.

To those demanding Shenmue 3, You wanna see another Shenmue game?Wait until SEGA releases another console.