BOM For Future Sega.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Lindbergh
lithium

BOM For Future Sega.

Post#1 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 am

http://fgn0nline.wordpress.com/2011/05/ ... om-leaked/
RUMOR : Super System BOM Leaked?
May 29, 2011 FGNOnline 2 comments

This morning a rumor has reached FGNOnline offices here in San Francisco suggesting that the following is a BOM (Bill Of Materials) of Sega’s yet to be named “Super System”.

CPU : Fujitsu Venus SPARC64 VIIIfx 2GHz 35W $100.00

GPU : PowerVR Series 6 600MHz 1GB GDDR5 $50.00

AUDIO : 32bit 192KHz 5.1 ch HD Audio $10.00

RAM : 4GB DDR3-1333 Triple Channel $30.00

MEDIA : Blu-ray Disc Drive $20.00

HDD : 120GB 2.5″ $20.00

NETWORKING : Wi-Fi 802.11n $10.00

POWER SUPPLY UNIT : 120W Adapter $30.00

CONTROLLER : $10.00

CASING : $10.00

MISCELLANEOUS : $30.00

RETAIL MARKUP : $17.50 (5% of RRP)

BOM : $337.50

RRP : $349.99

If this latest rumor is to be believed then it would suggest that Sega shall be making a $12.50 profit on every unit of the “Super System” sold.

This is currently filed under rumor until FGNOnline receives verification.

- Zach Morris

Categories: Rumor

MrSega

Re: BOM For Future Sega.

Post#2 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm

SEGA is not going for standard Blu-Ray on thier next arcade board. They instead are going for a special mutilayered formatted BD called "Pioneer Blu-Ray16" that will hold up to 200 GBs on a single side.SEGA simply doesn't want to risk piracy and would rather avoid paying Sony a license fee.

The decision not to use standard BD has nothing to do with a personal vendetta against Sony, its more about the fact that SEGA is alot more conseravative about piracy than they were during Dreamcast.

The only thing I have to say about this rumor/report is Mr. Morris has cried "Wolf" way too many times. While he finally might be telling the truth this time, its very hard to believe him.

Lindbergh
lithium

Post#3 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm

MrSega wrote:"Pioneer Blu-Ray16"

Too expensive.

Lindbergh
lithium

Post#4 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Sega would want something they could get their hands on for under $30.

MrSega

Post#5 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Lindbergh wrote:
MrSega wrote:"Pioneer Blu-Ray16"

Too expensive.

Really?

SegaNews
fragger

Post#6 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm

This actually looks quit real!
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post#7 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm

SegaNews wrote:This actually looks quit real!

It would be awesome if it were, but its likely not.

NEPTUNIA's CPU is said to be a Hitachi not a Fujistu, the SEGADRIVE arcade board will power a Fujistu Venus 8.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#8 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am

Update: Sega will not be using a Japanese built BluRay player, cause of the recent up in cost! This is because of all the natural alarms lately!

MrSega

Post#9 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm

SegaNews wrote:Update: Sega will not be using a Japanese built BluRay player, cause of the recent up in cost! This is because of all the natural alarms lately!

My sources tell me, SEGA has choosen a scarce Pioneer Blu-Ray16 DVD ROM disc drive. Although, the March 11,2011 Tsunami has risen up the value of yen, the electronic industry remains intact and unaffected however the recent PSN hack of April 2011 and SEGA's Forum getting hacked has caused SEGASammy to become very alarmed about piracy so they WILL NOT be taking thier chances with standard BD. They want thier system to be extremely difficult to pirate and hack.

SegaNews
fragger

Post#10 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 pm

MrSega wrote:
SegaNews wrote:Update: Sega will not be using a Japanese built BluRay player, cause of the recent up in cost! This is because of all the natural alarms lately!

My sources tell me, SEGA has choosen a scarce Pioneer Blu-Ray16 DVD ROM disc drive. Although, the March 11,2011 Tsunami has risen up the value of yen, the electronic industry remains intact and unaffected however the recent PSN hack of April 2011 and SEGA's Forum getting hacked has caused SEGASammy to become very alarmed about piracy so they WILL NOT be taking thier chances with standard BD. They want thier system to be extremely difficult to pirate and hack.

Good point, they will also avoid all Sony built drives!