Visual Memory Unit is not recognized

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

adaptogenman
noob

Visual Memory Unit is not recognized

Post#1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:08 pm

I recently bought a brand new blue Visual Memory Unit boxed and when I plug it into the controller it does not get recognized. Not only that but the controller completely disconnects as I plug in the VMU. When I take the VMU out of the controller the controller is recognized again. None of the buttons work when the VMU is plugged in and the controller icon does not show up in the VMU menu.The VMU also needs to be reset after I put it into the controller in order to turn on again. I tried the VMU without the batteries inside and it actually beeps (the most response from the VMU I have got) when I put it in, but the controller and the VMU do not show up on the screen. I have a performance rumble pack and it works in both of the slots of my controller, so I am pretty sure it is not the controllers problem. Do you think this is a specific problem to my VMU? Any suggestions is highly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.