DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: DreamPi - Fails to answer Dreamcast call after new router installed.

Post#31 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 am

Im curious now if its just your router thats causing issues now. Do you know someone else with a different router that maybe you could test with?

The modem may be lit up but could be maybe the network thats caysing the actual error. You might ask Kazade how view the debug output. I cant remember the command for it off the top of my head.

If your new modem doesnt work thats my next guess since your setup did work before... Wonder if some how your router is blocking internet connections through your raspberry pi?

nascar241993
lithium

Post#32 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:34 pm

SoulOfIce wrote:The only thing that could be causing it (only because I can't test it) is the LVI not working

Except I'm not sure about that. I've tried the Viking DLE-200B (what my setup initially ran on) and PCwzrd's LVI. DreamPi doesn't provide any response to either whenever the Dreamcast makes a call. And from what I've noticed with the LVI, the Dell modem didn't react to the Dreamcast calling.

@Xiden: The router might be the case, cause everything is surge protected, so I'm not 100% sure if the Dell modem is the root cause, but seeing as the Viking reacts to the Dreamcast calling, it's either that or the router.

As for testing it on another router, it seems like a hassle. I might try calling AT&T and see if they can somehow diagnose it.

SoulOfIce
rebel

Post#33 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Yeah I had a strong feeling that it wasn't the issue, as I had been using PCwzrd's LVI as well and it was working just fine before the issue. The weird thing is, that it was working for me fine before, then it just stopped, and I HAVEN'T changed my router. It just straight up stopped working (By stop working I mean the Dreamcast has stopped answering the call) I also have AT&T internet as well, so maybe it has something to do with AT&T? I dunno :/

nascar241993
lithium

Post#34 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Replacement modem arrived. I think y'all are right, it's starting to look like the router is causing issues. Not even the replacement modem did anything.

Xiden
Developer

Post#35 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:46 pm

nascar241993 wrote:Replacement modem arrived. I think y'all are right, it's starting to look like the router is causing issues. Not even the replacement modem did anything.

Are you stuck using their router, or can you get your own stand alone router with AT&T's modem?

nascar241993
lithium

Post#36 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 pm

That I'm not sure of. I'll try restarting the router first, cause I discovered that it's been running since the day we got it.

EDIT: Looks like an AT&T DSL modem is required to use third-party routers.

EDIT 2: Restarting the router didn't work. Too bad my router doesn't have a WAN port, so I can't bypass the router.
Last edited by nascar241993 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoulOfIce
rebel

Post#37 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:32 pm

That's odd, I haven't switched my router and i'm still having this issue.

Xiden
Developer

Post#38 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 am

nascar241993 wrote:That I'm not sure of. I'll try restarting the router first, cause I discovered that it's been running since the day we got it.

EDIT 2: Restarting the router didn't work. Too bad my router doesn't have a WAN port, so I can't bypass the router.

Do you mind posting your router model on here :) I can do some research on it

nascar241993
lithium

Post#39 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:38 am

Xiden wrote:
nascar241993 wrote:That I'm not sure of. I'll try restarting the router first, cause I discovered that it's been running since the day we got it.

Do you mind posting your router model on here :) I can do some research on it

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9704#p92834

Posted it in a reply back on page 1.

Xiden
Developer

Post#40 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 am

SoulOfIce wrote:Yeah I had a strong feeling that it wasn't the issue, as I had been using PCwzrd's LVI as well and it was working just fine before the issue. The weird thing is, that it was working for me fine before, then it just stopped, and I HAVEN'T changed my router. It just straight up stopped working (By stop working I mean the Dreamcast has stopped answering the call) I also have AT&T internet as well, so maybe it has something to do with AT&T? I dunno :/

Is your modem AT command set to AT&F0 (Thats a zero at the end)