pso on dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexandar83
shadow

Re: pso on dreamcast

Post#11 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:27 pm

ok i reset DC,need serial number? Where can I find?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 pm

You need the same serial that you used with your old character. If you don't have it anymore, then you have to delete your old character and start over with a new serial. Buy another (complete) copy of the game if you don't have a serial to use.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

alexandar83
shadow

Post#13 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:12 pm

I failed I found old serial key, but will not loaded, it is possible that the memory card is something done perhaps a mistake with save game? Thank you for everything, for your efforts to help me !!!!

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#14 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm

If you're sure that you have the right serials, then your save file corrupted and you'll have to start over if you didn't make any backups. :(
"Fear the HUnewearl."

alexandar83
shadow

Post#15 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:13 am

Yes I'm sure, because I have 3 characters, and when I did, I typed in serial, and the key and the two characters I appeared, but that what was most important to me was not.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#16 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:You can either download a homebrew flash eraser, or you can use a PlanetWeb 1.0 disc, if you happen to have one of those. I have a flash eraser on my site.

Elaborate on the Planetweb 1.0 part, I've thought about getting that because it's so cheap. But I didn't think I had any use for it since I own 2.0+. Is there other stuff like that not in later versions?
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#17 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Here are the instructions I have saved:

Code: Select all

If you have PW browser 1.0:

- Turn the Dreamcast off
- Put the controller in port B
- Turn the Dreamcast back on
- When you see the white screen that says "SEGA" in big, blue letters, hold down X and B on the controller (it's the screen right after the Dreamcast screen with the red swirl)
- Hold down the buttons all the way through the Planet Web screen
- Upon reaching the next screen, the memory is reset

If you have the browser that comes with the Dreamcast Magazine:

- Turn the Dreamcast off
- Put the controller in port B
- Turn the Dreamcast back on
- After selection "Web Browser 2.0" from the menu, you should see a screen with the Dreamcast controller
- Hit A to advance, then immediately release A and hold down X and B on the controller
- Hold down the buttons all the way through the Planet Web screen
- Upon reaching the next screen, the memory is reset

The PW method works on PW 1.0 only. Most likely this function was included as a debug feature, because the browser developers needed a quick way to erase their ISP settings over and over so that they could test multiple browser configurations to make sure the PW disc was ready for release. They removed this in 2.0 and later editions, since they didn't need it anymore. PW 2.62, however, is rumoured to randomly erase your flash memory without warning, so it isn't a good idea to use that browser any more often than necessary.
"Fear the HUnewearl."