Crazy Taxi GD works, but eventually fails reading

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mstar
Doom

Re: Crazy Taxi GD works, but eventually fails reading

Post#11 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:05 pm

At least in my case, this has nothing to do with a laser needing adjustment or cleaning.

For one, i tried adjusting the laser and it didn't change in any way regarding this problem and second, i have about 80 games, and not a single other game exhibiting such behaviour.

Edit:

Maybe collect disc numbers that do have this problem, possibly we can identify if there are indeed working/non working discs?

My faulty PAL-copy has the number MK-51035-0102SS on its underside, near the center of the disc.

lusimon
shadow

Post#12 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 am

Guys I just got the warnig that appears in the game here it is : "Disk could not be read, Please Check the Disk for dust and scratches"

lusimon
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:32 am

mstar wrote:At least in my case, this has nothing to do with a laser needing adjustment or cleaning.

For one, i tried adjusting the laser and it didn't change in any way regarding this problem and second, i have about 80 games, and not a single other game exhibiting such behaviour.

Edit:

Maybe collect disc numbers that do have this problem, possibly we can identify if there are indeed working/non working discs?

My faulty PAL-copy has the number MK-51035-0102SS on its underside, near the center of the disc.

HOLLY SHIT
Mine is MK-51035-0102SS and even says EMI CD HOLLAND I bet it is from the same batch of yours too!!!

mstar
Doom

Post#14 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:06 pm

AFAIK, those aren't really / only batch numbers but also might indicate versions of the game contained on disc.

(For example, you can identify if your copy of MSR is one of those that has a bug where you can't 100% complete the game).

Now we need someone to chime in with a working copy :)

lusimon
shadow

Post#15 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 pm

I can onlly wish something like that to happen...

lusimon
shadow

Post#16 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Guys, after all the good tips everyone gave me I haven't yet found something that could fix my problem. (I also didnt try every reapair suggested by some of you).

However I need a litle help in something I wanna try, I already tried to do the potentiometer trick 2 times without any luck, to check if the laser is the issue, problem is no matter how small a screwdriver is or even a tweezer is, I never get to turn the damn red screw thingie, plus I swere that it never moved an inch and I think I may have damaged it a little bit while trying but it's not anything special as far as I know, still any suggestion on how to do it better?

I'll also remind that I have a PAL model, so it has diferent components from the north american dreamcasts. Unfotunetly most repair videos out there are from NTSC machines and even on ost websites it is the same thing.

lusimon
shadow

Post#17 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:45 am

Dude that is a very wily website you posted there man, and it wasnt any help at all, I wanna know about how to turn the potentiometer screw not some korean ladies with gambling stuff going on.

krssn
Metallic

Post#18 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:16 am

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#19 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:09 pm

krssn wrote:Image

I'll buy that game off of you just to kill off this trolling. How much? But seriously how hard is it to fix this issue? I don't have a PAL Dreamcast for reference since I live in NTSC territory, but surely something should turn up.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

lusimon
shadow

Post#20 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 am

This is what happens with my crazy taxi GDRom every single time I play it, sooner or later this glitch appears https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaJxvutpKdI