So I just bought a Dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

xoferwalken
noob

So I just bought a Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:02 pm

Hey guys, I heard about this website through Adam Koralik's youtube channel, and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some help with an issue I'm having.

I just bought a Dreamcast today on a whim from a guy who sells retro games and hardware at my local mall. I bought a copy of Air Force Delta along with it.

When I first powered on the console everything seemed to alright. I popped the disc in and began to hear that scrapping noise that I assume it is supposed to make when reading the disk. However, once it got done reading the disk all that appeared was a frozen white screen. Then after about a minute and a half, it returned me to the console's main menu and began to read the disk again.

However, after a few seconds, nothing happened. It just stopped reading and remained on the menu. Now I can't get it to read the disk at all when I pop it in. And whenever I select the Play option with that little controller icon, all it tells me is that I need to insert a disk, even though I already have.

Any suggestions?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: So I just bought a Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello Xoferwalker! I think your drive lens its weak to read. First check the GD disc if is cleaned from bottom and try to clean the lens with batonett but without alcohol in first and if isn't work,try again with alcohol if not work again you need new lens or take it back and find another one.