Does Anyone Know a Link to Download Gameshark Besides IsoZon

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Does Anyone Know a Link to Download Gameshark Besides IsoZon

Post#31 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:37 am

Its all crazy isnt it? so many different boot disks, games that offer a 50hz/60hz selector, games that can be ip.bin mod for vga flag, games that can be forced to work. neo,yzb,megavolt could offer a correct answer as to wtf all this entails. but it becomes an adventure to get games,apps, etc to load the way you want them too. and i think what was said earlier is that you are sol on most games. but hell idk its a quest lol

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#32 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 am

Sketcz wrote:I've only now realised, Code Breaker does not seem to want to work with anything which is CDI.

Is this a copyright protection method from the original, to prevent piracy?

Is there a hacked version of Code Breaker which does not care about this?

Because my games are about 50/50 CDI and GDI. Which was down to laziness on my part. The CDI files tended to be smaller, so for lesser games I got those.

Now I'm faced with redownloading all my CDI games as GDI games. Which is probably worth it, since I noticed downgraded videos in some CDI titles, but also... Laziness makes me wonder, can I just get a hacked Code Breaker?

I'm tempted to compile a list of NTSC games which boot in 50Hz on a PAL system. Because so far, it's like at least half. Tokyo Racer 1 boots in 50hz, but Tokyo Racer 2 boots in 60Hz on PAL. Which is weird, because the PAL version of Tokyo Racer 2 lacks a 60Hz option.

I once asked how the 2 Code Breaker discs worked with the original GD-ROM drive and got this response:

"The main one is Code Breaker itself. Code Breaker doesn't support MIL-CD, only GD-ROM. This means you can't use it to cheat in games that you've burned to CD-R or force VGA mode on unlicensed games (for example).

If you want to boot MIL-CDs with Code Breaker you need to first launch Code Breaker with a separate "loader" disc that allows it to boot MIL-CDs. This is the second disc image in the archive. In other words:

When playing original GD-ROM discs: Code Breaker → GD-ROM
When playing self-burned discs or unlicensed games: Code Breaker loader → Code Breaker → MIL-CD."

Not sure how this would all work out with an ODE, if at all. I use the modified (megavolt85) Code Breaker on my GDEMU, but I only use GDI images.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFIV_6I12s

Have you tried the version of Code Breaker that has both discs combined?
Attachments
codebreaker-cbloader.rar
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 614 times
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:36 pm

I've tried and have many of the two CBs to enable MIL-CDs but never seemed to do it

Burns, recently tried ala MODE to actually see Rainbow Cotton ENG through, not budge

EDIT: WAOWY that's the both unified? tis more like it!? Sorry much going on I love to test but far too much multitask on me end

Sketcz
dark night

Post#34 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:41 pm

MoeFoh wrote:Not sure how this would all work out with an ODE, if at all. I use the modified (megavolt85) Code Breaker on my GDEMU, but I only use GDI images.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFIV_6I12s

Have you tried the version of Code Breaker that has both discs combined?

OK, I tested both the "combined" Code Breaker you uploaded, and also the separate files linked in that YouTube video.

The results are confusing.

Both were able to load CDI files. But in both cases, the two games I tested, both loaded in 50Hz as if I'd just booted them raw.

Combined disc: worked well, only one lid lift to boot into CB, and then once inside I waited a few seconds and it auto-detected the game and could start.
Bomber Hehhe: 50Hz
Alien Front Online: 50Hz

Separate discs: this could load CDI games, but I needed to first queue the CDI, then queue the Code Breaker, then load the CB loader file. Once inside I had to lift the lid and boot CB. Then once inside CB I had to lift the lid again and then start the game.

From what I know, USB-GD allows the queuing of multiple game discs specifically to allow D2 to be played (it's 4 discs, and sometimes you swap from disc 1 to 4, or all over the place - the game is very badly laid out).

Bomber Hehhe: 50Hz
Alien Front Online: 50Hz

Anyway, as you can, doing the double load method negates whatever magic powers the Code Breaker disc has.

This is my guess or theory: the CB when loaded is loaded into 60Hz mode by default. It then jumps straight into a game, bypassing the swirl logo, thus the game thinks it's loading in 60Hz.

By using another disc to first boot CB, I think - maybe! - the entire system ends up booting in 50Hz, which is what PAL systems normally do.

I dunno. It's a guess.

But whatever - using the double-boot method to load CDI files does work with USB-GD, absolutely no problem.

But sadly since it removes the stiffening effect the CB has with GDI files, it's a bit useless. Sort of like those bottles of alcohol free wine you see in stores. Or decaf coffee.

Can anyone isolate the how and why of what Code Breaker is doing? If we can isolate it maybe we can replicate it?

Also, both these Code Breaker files were like 700mb, whereas the one I normally use is like 1mb. Is that due to padding to make burning easier?

I think I'm just going to redownload my CDI games as GDI on a case by case basis when they won't boot in 60Hz.

As I've said, not every game boots in 50hz. Rippin Rider Snowboarding is 60Hz, Tokyo Racer 2 is 60Hz, so is Illbleed, Canon Spike, and a bunch of random others. Zero Gunner 2 is 60hz! Yet not Shikigami no Shiro 2?

MADNESS! :lol:

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#35 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:25 pm

FYI: Code Breaker (megavolt85) for GDEMU will NOT boot a CDI image. Discovered Code Breaker locks up my Wingman-SD at the 'push a button screen'.

Yes, those images are padded, as they were created to be burned then used by a real GD-ROM drive.

Does the USB-GD ODE support optimized GDI? If so, I would download GDI's from the @dubcity collection. They are truncated and fully tested. Plus, megavolt85 has got all the WINCE titles working.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Sketcz
dark night

Post#36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:43 am

MoeFoh wrote:Does the USB-GD ODE support optimized GDI?

I have no idea. I've been grabbing the GDI files on CDRomance because the site is so crazy fast! :o

I thought I'd download one PAL game off the Internet Archive, but it's estimated at 3 hours versus 5 minutes on CDROmance.

I will check out the @dubcity files though. Thanks for the rec.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#37 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:25 pm

DC-IE (repack)
Attachments
DC-IE-REPACK.zip
DC-IE
(614.14 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
- Charles Bukowski

brewmaxwell649
noob

Post#38 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:05 am

I'm wondering if the megavolt85 GDEMU modified version of Code Breaker will work with the USB-GDROM ODE? Mobdro Vip
Last edited by brewmaxwell649 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#39 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:58 am

brewmaxwell649 wrote:I'm wondering if the megavolt85 GDEMU modified version of Code Breaker will work with the USB-GDROM ODE?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7192&start=10#p154114
- Charles Bukowski