PC out jack hookup for Dreamcast?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

NINtoolLICA
noob

PC out jack hookup for Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:56 pm

So I just bought an HDMI cable for my Dreamcast that has a PC hookup attached to it. Problem is that the PC hookup part comes with vga cables for the sound. My Tv only has one audio out slot for the PC hookup and I have to rig one of the cords with tape to get it to work. Does anyone out there know if there is something that can convert the PC audio out to vga so I can hookup the sound?

Impulse
Admin

Re: PC out jack hookup for Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:44 am

Welcome to DC-Talk!

Hmm I'm a little confused. I don't know of any hdmi cables for the Dreamcast unless you purchased a vga to hdmi converter box. Also, VGA doesn't carry sound through it. Do you have link to this hdmi/vga thing you purchased so we can check it out? It should have 1/8" audio out jack on it or maybe RCA (red/white) audio outputs. In that case you could run that to you TV or external speakers for audio.
-Impulse

NINtoolLICA
noob

Post#3 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Yea, sorry if my first post was confusing. Here is a link to the cable that I bought for my Dreamcast:

http://www.google.com/search?biw=640&bi ... 6048356663

My TV only has one output for the sound and it wont fit the RCA cable that came with the cable. The cable is also to short for it to reach my speakers to plug the RCA cords there. I was just hoping there would be a converter that would turn the PC audio out port on my TV to two RCA audio outs, if anything like that exists.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:07 pm

I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-40645- ... 5mm+to+rca
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

NINtoolLICA
noob

Post#5 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:27 am

Thats exactly it!!! Thank you so so much!