CD-R games

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

kidpunk16
shadow

CD-R games

Post#1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello!

I have burned some games into CD-R with ImgBurn (and Padus plugin) and I've always used the same metod, same options.
First two games worked perfectly (Daytona 2001 and Sonic Adventure 2), and then, everything that i've burned into CDs won't work on the console, even when some games DO work on the emulator (NullDC), those games are: Ikaruga and Soul Calibur.

There are three games i've burned on CD-R and won't work either on the emulator or the console. (Bust A Move 4 (on the emulator, it gets stuck at "SEGA" logo, and the emulator's console starts showing errors, on the Dreamcast does nothing), Crazy Taxi (goes directly to the audio menu on both), and a compilation of Genesis games (insert game disc on both))

Bought Sonic Adventure (original GD-Rom, works like a charm) and the guy gave me a copy of Sega Sports Tennis 2K2 that won't work on his console, but I tried it and worked perfectly on mine.

With all of this, I don't know if the problem is while burning, the CDIs, the CDs i'm using (I've used Verbatim for all, and recently bought LG (only used on Ikaruga) or my console that just don't like the CDs.

goochbuntu
shadow

Re: CD-R games

Post#2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:07 pm

you should use http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... ggler-v60/

this will fix your issue..

writes at lower speeds and also if discjuggler asks to fix something say no.

kidpunk16
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:46 pm

goochbuntu wrote:you should use http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... ggler-v60/

this will fix your issue..

writes at lower speeds and also if discjuggler asks to fix something say no.

I'll try, but I don't think it would make any difference since IMGBurn has the plugin that Padus designed (Padus is the company behind DiscJuggler), and the write speed was set at 1x, but real speed was 4x (3.5x really) since that's the lowest that supports my drive.

Aaaaannd no.... :(
Curious thing is that if I boot the disc i've burned with NullDC it would work.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#4 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:51 pm

1. 1x and 4x speeds are too low! Burn with 16x or 32x.
2. Verbatim CDs are good but only the AZO ones, Verbatim Extra Protection CDs are mediocre! Use Verbatim AZO or Tayo Yuden/JVC CDs.
3. Don't use crap rips (old scene releases). Use ReviveDC or DCCM rips instead.
4. ImgBurn with Padus plugin is the recommended nowadays, no fiddling with options and great results.