Confused about DC SD Ripper

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

noiseredux
Power Stone

Confused about DC SD Ripper

Post#1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:05 am

hey guys, sorry if this sounds noobish, but I did some googling and all and couldn't quite make full sense of this. Basically, what I'm wondering if I can do is use DC SD Ripper to rip my own DC games to SD, and then stick the SD card in my PC and play those rips on NullDC?

If that is possible, I'm still not totally sure how it works - it looks like DC SD Ripper is mean to be burned to a disc. So how do you disc-swap in the retail game you're trying to rip to SD?

Thanks/sorry haha.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Confused about DC SD Ripper

Post#2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Basically, what I'm wondering if I can do is use DC SD Ripper to rip my own DC games to SD, and then stick the SD card in my PC and play those rips on NullDC?

Yes, you can.
it looks like DC SD Ripper is mean to be burned to a disc.

Yes, use boot sd way.

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#3 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

VasiliyRS wrote:Yes, use boot sd way.

I'm not sure what this means? I've really not tinkered w/ my SD adapter yet, so I'm just not really sure how it works.

So I burn SD Ripper to CDR, load it up in the DC... and then what? Will it allow me to swap discs, or will I need to figure out some sort of swap disc trick to get the retail disc in there?

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#4 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Will it allow me to swap discs

Yep, just change a disk, let DC reads it, choose GD-ROM <bin> all track in sd ripper's menu, click A button and wait about 40 min to get you rip done.

Return to “Support”