Need assistance with VGA cable. No sound. PLEASE help!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Paspie
rebel

Re: Need assistance with VGA cable. No sound. PLEASE help!

Post#11 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:14 pm

The RCA audio inputs were probably assigned to the composite video input on your TV, unless there's a way to reroute them in the settings. Still, nice one on making it work. :)

bcaulf
shadow

Post#12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah that's what I thought when I bought them. I couldn't find any options to reroute the audio from composite to VGA while the audio cables were plugged in I just couldn't get any sound. Since I can't entirely tell, is it possible that the sound quality coming from the 3.5 mm audio output worse than if it came from the composite audio outputs. Nothing huge, I'm just curious.

krssn
Metallic

Post#13 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 pm

bcaulf wrote:Yeah that's what I thought when I bought them. I couldn't find any options to reroute the audio from composite to VGA while the audio cables were plugged in I just couldn't get any sound. Since I can't entirely tell, is it possible that the sound quality coming from the 3.5 mm audio output worse than if it came from the composite audio outputs. Nothing huge, I'm just curious.

Should be just the same quality. It's just metal transfering a signal. The shape of the connection shouldn't make any difference. Both have audio left, audio right, and ground...