Rent-a-Hero no. 1 - Have audio, but no video

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Pocketim
lithium

Rent-a-Hero no. 1 - Have audio, but no video

Post#1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I have both the official release and a burned copy of Rent-a-Hero no. 1. Both of them have the same issue. I can hear the game audio, but the game's visual output isn't showing up on my TV. I've tried using multiple different TVs, but none of them show the game's picture. I'm using Utopia, which has worked fine for other Japanese games I own (Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio, SoulCalibur and Power Stone 2), but I've had no luck with Rent-a-Hero so far.

Any idea what the issue might be? Is it a problem with my TV? Or will Rent-a-Hero only work on a Japanese Dreamcast? I'm using a PAL Dreamcast, by the way, in case that effects anything.

EDIT: I'm having a similar issue with Virtua Fighter 3tb, which I got alongside Rent-a-Hero. Virtua Fighter doesn't have any audio or video though, just a completely silent black screen. Is this caused by the same issue that's preventing Rent-a-Hero from working?

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Re: Rent-a-Hero no. 1 - Have audio, but no video

Post#2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 am

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Re: Rent-a-Hero no. 1 - Have audio, but no video

Post#3 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 am