House of the dead 2 and a few other burnt games wont read.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Extrium
noob

House of the dead 2 and a few other burnt games wont read.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:43 pm

I just recently bought a Dreamcast and got what few games that I could for it, and I have also already burnt a few games from .CDI files and they work beautifully on it. But there are a few games that I cannot get to work (House of the dead 2, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, soul Calibur, ect.) and I'm stumped as to why they are not working. Do I need a specific Utopid boot disk? Or does it have to do with the files I downloaded? Any guesses or solutions? Also my Dreamcast is 1999 version (or so I believe) it has a 0 circled on the bottom of it.

Raen
Toy Commander

Re: House of the dead 2 and a few other burnt games wont rea

Post#2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Well, you got yourself a Revision/Model 0 DC, which are sturdier than the newer models/revisions.

As to the burned games, I recommend you to not use boot discs and/or scene rips, use selfboot releases like the ones released by the project group ReviveDC on The ISO Zone, or DCCMP (Dreamcast Clean Merge Project) which currently is without home (Underground Gamer is down).