Maximum Pool and PC DC Server (Linux)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

kalet
shadow

Post#1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:15 am

Hi! I've been trying to get online with Maximum Pool and every time that I try to connect to my PC it fails, I have a PC DC Server running in Crunchbang Linux and I can connect with PSO and XDP with no problem. I download the VMU file needed to play Maximum Pool and I still can't connect. (I'm using a Serial modem that works flawlessly with PSO and XDP)
Anyone having the same problem?
Just keep dreaming...

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: Maximum Pool and PC DC Server (Linux)

Post#2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am

Try commenting out default-asyncmap in your PPP options file see if that makes any difference. If it's actually not connecting to your modem you will not see the "Remote System Answered..." message. In which case it's likely your timing is off with the "sudo killall mgetty" command.

Also in the future if you are looking for online support post here: viewforum.php?f=3
Regards,
brourke228

kalet
shadow

Post#3 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 am

I've tried commenting out default-asyncmap and nothing changed, the biggest issue is that sometimes it says "remote system answered" and after that it get's locked in the "logging in", finally it shows "connection failed" or it shows the lobby empty, no servers. How can I know the timing with the "sudo killall mgetty"?
Just keep dreaming...

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: Maximum Pool and PC DC Server (Linux)

Post#4 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am

You want to do that command 2.5-3 seconds after DC starts dialing. Do you have your vmu with the max pool save in A1 slot?
Regards,
brourke228