Dreamcast Broadband Adapter - Need Help

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Dreamcast Broadband Adapter - Need Help

Post#11 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

I always recommend that people set up the BBA with USv2, as PSO doesn't seem to care about BBA settings created with web browsers. I've never burned a copy of XDP, but both Ver.1 and Ver.2 started working with the BBA once I used the configuration screen in USv2. The BBA was never released in Europe, so you can't use EUv2 to do the setup. Only USv2 has the configuration screen when you select "Website" on the title screen.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

davideo7
shadow

Post#12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Aleron Ives: Wow, I got on! I'm using 67.222.144.120 IP, is there a better server I should be using?

There was 2 people on, EVE TRUTH and MegaMaid. Man this brings back memories. Now I need a keyboard lol.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get online with my Dreamcast again :)

Now I just need to get a copy of Quake III again and go online with that.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm

You connected to Sylverant, which is the server this site is affiliated with, as is mine. Iselia is BlueCrab's main "demonstration" ship, Vega is this site's ship, and Altimira is mine. You're better off going there than anywhere else, really. The fact that you found anyone is a testament to how much better Sylverant is than the other servers, which usually have 0 Dreamcast/PC players. Dreamcast Live PSO usually happens on Saturdays on Vega if you want to game with the other members of this site for a while, but there are usually players scattered around the ships on other days of the week, too. European players tend to be on around 21:00 GMT, for instance.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

bucko
undertow

Post#14 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi, first post here. Be easy :P. How do I direct connect on quake III? I set-up everything on XDP and internet works on my BBA but I am struggling to connect to a game when I go to 'Internet Game'.

I see some servers here,

q3master.php

And I tried the custom viewtopic.php?f=3&t=257 method here but I had no joy with drdns. Do I have to set the master server to something else? As I don't think the one in the thread above works (can't ping/resolve it etc) and I realise the official one is down as well.

Would really like to get it set-up, thanks for help!

Edit, I got it to work. I set it to a static IP as it didn't seem to be obtaining an IP from my router using DHCP. I just had a game of quake 3 online, yerr!!!