Cannot connect with Broadband adapter/BBA

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Cannot connect with Broadband adapter/BBA

Post#1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

I've been trying to get some help from PCWzrd13 back and forth Via Youtube, but I am pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to work!

I followed the instructions as on this forum about putting everything to automatic within XDP and saving the settings.

I am using a 4x Mega Official Memory card which has been expanded a little with VMU Tools as well. Could that be the issue? Or are the settings I assume being saved directly to the console itself and not the VMU.

After following the steps to use the BBA with XDP I get the message that DHCP is adjusting. Then it says DHCP Empty IP acquistion of address.

Any ideas would be great appreciated, thank you in advance.

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Re: Cannot connect with Broadband adapter/BBA

Post#2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Disregard, got it working by manually putting in Gateway, subnet, and assigning an IP. Not sure why I had to, I remember having to do this with my PSP years ago too... hrmm.

anyhow it works! See you guys on PSO = ) What's the main server sylverant?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:What's the main server sylverant?

In order to connect with PSO you will need a boot disc called the "Sylverant PSO Patcher". You can download it from the link below. You just put it in your Dreamcast, put in your copy of PSO when prompted, and then press start. It will boot normally and you will be able to connect to the Sylverant server.

http://code.google.com/p/sylverant/downloads/list
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#4 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:53 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Vampyre Mike wrote:What's the main server sylverant?

In order to connect with PSO you will need a boot disc called the "Sylverant PSO Patcher". You can download it from the link below. You just put it in your Dreamcast, put in your copy of PSO when prompted, and then press start. It will boot normally and you will be able to connect to the Sylverant server.

http://code.google.com/p/sylverant/downloads/list

Burning Disc now, do I have to do this each time I play? Or just the once?

Thanks,

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:Burning Disc now, do I have to do this each time I play? Or just the once?

You will need to do it every time you play. It's a quick and easy process so you'll get used to it quickly. I keep the disc in the slot right under my copy of PSO in my CD wallet.
PSO Characters:

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#6 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:58 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Vampyre Mike wrote:Burning Disc now, do I have to do this each time I play? Or just the once?

You will need to do it every time you play. It's a quick and easy process so you'll get used to it quickly. I keep the disc in the slot right under my copy of PSO in my CD wallet.

Excellent, thank you! And do I have to enter the DNS everytime? Or just the once? 67.222.144.120

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:And do I have to enter the DNS everytime? Or just the once? 67.222.144.120

No, that is for a different method of connecting that only applies to the US PSO v1 and both PAL versions. The US v2 needs the patcher disc. Your DNS servers should be set to your ISPs DNS servers or the public Google ones that I sent you.
PSO Characters:

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#8 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Vampyre Mike wrote:And do I have to enter the DNS everytime? Or just the once? 67.222.144.120

No, that is for a different method of connecting that only applies to the US PSO v1 and both PAL versions. The US v2 needs the patcher disc. Your DNS servers should be set to your ISPs DNS servers or the public Google ones that I sent you.

Gotcha, OK thx. Disc is burned. I'm ready once it all arrives.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#9 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:Gotcha, OK thx. Disc is burned. I'm ready once it all arrives.

Awesome! You might want to do a little leveling before you jump online with the game as it's quite a bit harder online.
PSO Characters: